Who is happy for fall? Who is going to drink all the hot chocolate and Pumpkin Spice Lattes? But for me drinking the hot chocolate is not enough I need to eat it too, so Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are what we are going to be baking today (btw if you feel like eating the pumpkin spice latte you can find the recipe for PSL cupcakes, here)
Yes you read that right
Basically the traditional hot chocolate awesome gift from the gods beverage but in cookie shape
And you know what? It’s pretty easy to make
Also it’s kind of a foolproof recipe, which means there is no possible way this cookie turns out bad, because it’s really really really easy
oh, and you know what else makes these cookies great? You don’t need to chill the dough
*insert here an awesome celebratory dance*
and the fact that they only take 8 minutes to make
that also makes this recipe pretty kick butt if you ask me
And just because I’m excited and I tend to over explain things when I’m like that, there are only 10 minutes between you and these cookies
So in 10 minutes from now you could be eating little pillows of soft baked heaven
*insert more dance here*
Now onto the serious baking talk:
I made the dough with melted marshmallows, so the actual flavor of the cookie is vanilla marshmallow. You can omit them if the are not your cup of tea but I definitely encourage using them, the result is MIND BLOWING OUT OF THIS WORLD DELICIOUS!!
and then you just pair those two things and a little sandwich of dreams come true and that’s it
If you want more cookie fun you can check this recipe
More chocolate adventures this one
A fall idea here
and obviously a drink-inspired dessert here
So I guess I got you pretty covered
What is your favorite hot chocolate topping? Share it in the comments!!
- ½ Cup butter
- ¾ Cup sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1½ Cup flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup melted marshmallows (they are going to be sticky)
- Chocolate frosting
- ½ Tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl mix the butter and sugar for 1 minute or until incorporated.
- Mix in the egg and the vanilla
- Add the flour and the baking powder and the marshmallows and continue mixing until the dough is thick
- With your hands form small balls and place them in the baking sheet
- Lightly press them so the top looks flatter.
- Take to the oven and bake for 8/9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, whip up the frosting.
- Decorate one cookie with frosting and top it with other to form a sandwich