Cupcakes + Chocolate + Frosting that tastes like oreo filling + Oreo crumbs = HEAVEN actually I thought a bit about naming this beauties cookies and cream cupcakes but honestly they taste literally like an oreo, so oreo cupcakes it is.
This oreo cupcakes are more or less a cosmic explosion of delicious flavors and basically the best thing in the whole world after sprinkles.
Lets go step by step
First is the cupcake base, it has chocolate, and more chocolate, and then some more oh chocolate. Really it has chocolate chunks (melted) and cacao powder. When you are baking and use melted chocolate and cacao powder you end up with a darker in color treat and a more intense and deep flavor (like oreos!) also you end up with a moist product (I know that word can sometimes sound disgusting but I don’t know other) a moist product means that even if you over bake your treats, because we are all guilty of using that oven time to stalk someone on instagram and sometimes that gets a bit too interesting, your cupcake is not going to end up being dry.
Also you can store your cupcakes for a couple of days without sacrificing texture (read they are going to take a bit longer to end up harder that your ex heart)
After the cupcakes comes the frosting. I used our vanilla buttercream, the one that we made a bout a week ago. if you have not made it yet go, run, really go now and make it because you don’t know what life is. It tastes literally like oreo filling, and I’m a die hard fan of oreo filling, almost a conossiour, so I have some kind of authority to say that it tastes like the real deal.
And then the oreo crumbs, those crumbs are like the fairy dust in this treats. They make them magical, give the frosting the awesome freckled color and also add some crunchiness balancing the softness of the cupcake
Now lets get baking oreo cupcakes
- ¾ Cup chopped chocolate
- ⅓ Cup cacao powder
- ¾ Cup hot coffee
- ¾ Cup flour
- ¾ Cup sugar
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- Vanilla Buttercream
- 4 Oreos crushed
- In a bowl mix the chocolate and the cacao, add the hot coffee and continue mixing until everything is melted and well incorporated. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In another bowl mix the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Pour in the chocolate mixture and continue mixing until the batter is shinny
- Slowly add the sugar, flour and baking powder, mixing until everything is well incorporated and there are no lumps left
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cupcake liners and bake for 15/20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and from the pan and let them cool until they are no longer hot to the touch
- Meanwhile crush the oreos and mix them with the buttercream. Place the frosting inside a pipping bag and decorate the cupcakes.
- Serve and enjoy