This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MomsSipSmart #CollectiveBias You should consult your physician before consuming Fre if you are pregnant or have any health concerns regarding alcohol. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
One of my very best friends is expecting a baby and I’m in charge of hosting the baby shower. Truth is, this is the first time I organized one so I’m beyond happy and excited. Usually, when I organize a party or get together I want it to be fun and thoughtful but relaxed and easy to plan, I don’t want to be running to and from the kitchen and sweating the small stuff. Also, there needs to be a signature cocktail, but since this is a baby shower and I want my best friend to enjoy every detail of it I’m going with a moktail, an alcohol-free Raspberry Wine Mojito.
My friends, this recipe is beyond delicious! And it’s perfect for a baby shower, where you want something that looks elegant and polished. But it’s also perfect for a Friday mocktail when you want to unwind after a long week. To make it taste like the real deal I’m using FRE wines. FRE wines are a great alternative if you can’t, or choose to not consume alcohol (hey there expecting moms!) so that makes them a great alternative for mocktails.
FRE wines go through a complete de-alcoholization process. The process takes care of removing the alcohol but leaving the flavors and fragrances of the wine, so the result is fresh and delicate, just like a good quality wine, but with less than 0.5% alcohol and half the calories. So you are drinking a good quality wine, sans the alcohol factor. FRE wines have a great coupon for a 30% off. Just enter the code FRE at the checkout of One Stop Wine Shop (note: cannot ship from site to Alabama, Kansas or Tennessee).
Since my friend is expecting a baby girl I wanted my mocktail to be pink so I went with a Raspberry Wine Mojito
Raspberry Wine Mojito
1 Bottle FRE Wines in Chardonnay
1/2 Gallon Rasberry Juice
1 Sliced Lemon
Herbs such as mint, or sage to decorate
In a tall pitcher place the lemon and some herbs, Muddle them.
Add the FRE Wines bottle and the Raspberry Juice.
Mix everything well together
Fill a glass with ice, Pour the Raspberry Wine Mojito and decorate with some extra herbs
I paired it with a simple and delicious cheese board with a couple of cheeses, some cured meats, and some pistachios. Then I placed below a basket with different types of bread, crackers, and some jams and butter. A cheeseboard not only goes great with FRE wines /and therefore with the cocktail) but it’s also super easy to make and a crowd favorite.
However there are other things you need to keep in mind when planning stress-free baby shower, one that’s fun and that leaves everyone happy, so here are my
Top tips to plan a stress-free baby shower
- Make a guest list: This is the most important thing of your baby shower and will help you determine everything. Can you host it at home? Are you going to need something larger? Can someone on the list help with something? Are there any specific dietary restrictions or any other things you need to keep in mind?
- Plan a simple food menu: Now that you have your guest list is time to plan the food menu. If you are planning a small gathering stick to easy finger foods and appetizers. A crudite platter, a cheeseboard with an assortment of bread and maybe a couple of salads are delicious, easy and perfect for this Spring season
- Pick a signature mocktail: A mocktail is a must at a baby shower. Stick with 1 recipe to make it easier for you to plan + it’s fun to have a signature drink! You can name it something fun or leave it with a classic name. And since it’s a mocktail your pregnant friend can be part of her festivities. A great base for all your mocktails is FRE wine.
- Make a rough plan of the day: Schedule some games and activities but leave enough time for people to mingle and chat. For a 3-hour baby shower, I find that 2 activities are enough.
- Keep the decoration fresh, light and simple: A couple of flower bouquets here and there are enough decoration for a spring baby shower.
But most important of all be there to celebrate with your expecting friend and create a moment that she will cherish forever.