This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars, Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #CallAnEatible #SkittlesHomegating #CollectiveBias
There are things that I love like cupcakes, frosting, Skittles®, and football. So obviously when this football season comes around the corner I obviously have to make something to celebrate it, which means invite some friends over and mage a giant Skittles cupcakes spread which looks like the rainbow and it’s the best thing to snack on while watching a game.
To make them extra fun and colorful I went with everything I had in my baking arsenal which means a whole lot of colorful frosting and all the Skittles candies aI could find. These cupcakes are easy; they are mind blowing delicious, and best of all they are beautiful and make a real impact in your party or get together.
There are also a couple of hacks that my opinion come in really useful when making these Skittles Cupcakes for the game time:
Bake the cupcakes ahead of time and then freeze them!
Freezing cupcakes really easy and they defrost really one + this recipe that I’m sharing today is freezer friendly, so that’s extra handy
Buy a lot of Skittles
And snack on them while baking and decorating, then buy some more to make sure you have enough to decorate your cupcakes
Whip up a fluffy and creamy frosting
And use good quality food coloring to get the bright pops of color that match the best candy (ahem: Skittles)
To make the spread I went with a classic rainbow when organizing them because there’s nothing more magical than a rainbow. But if you want to stick with only our team colors you can pick the Skittles that match them and then only use them as a topping + make the frosting in only those colors. Seriously what else can show your support for your team than a cupcake spread with their colors? Nothing my friend, nothing.
I purchased the Skittles in the candy aisle of Kroger, they have this new bag that comes with a 10% extra that I loved because more candy is always better and more candy makes me happy, and there’s nothing quite like knowing you have a 10% more of your favorite Skittles. They have some super fun and creative displays at stores, so they are spottable my friend.
And talking about Skittles and their magic and how beautiful Skittles cupcakes are brings me to the next thing: They have the best sweepstakes ever! You just need to enter here, and you’ll be participating for NFL tickets and NFLshop.com gift cards. If you win one, please make a batch of these Skittles cupcakes to celebrate!
And that’s it: home gaming just got way more colorful and delicious!
- 1½ Cup flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 6 Tbsp butter
- ¾ Cup sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup milk
- For the frosting:
- Vanilla frosting divided between 5 bowls
- 2 drops orange food coloring
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 drops purple food coloring
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 Bag of Original Skittles
- Preheat the oven to 30 degrees. Line a mini cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a bowl whip up the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one and a time, and the vanilla and keep beating until incorporated.
- Add the baking powder and half of the flour. Mix in the milk and add the rest of the flour.
- Keep mixing for 2 more minutes or until everything is well incorporated.
- With a spoon divide the batter between the 24 cupcake liners and take to the oven. bake for 12 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven take out from the cupcake pan and let them cool until they are no longer hot to the touch.
- Meanwhile, add the drops of food coloring to each bowl to create your rainbow frosting.
- Fill 5 piping bags with the frosting and decorate your cupcakes.
- Top with Skittles. Serve and enjoy the game!