This blog post has been compensated by Borden® Cheese. All opinions are mine alone. #BordenCheeseLove #CollectiveBias #Ad
Oh my gosh, three cheese pesto bites are all I need in my life. They are amazing, they are delicious, and they are a total crowd favorite. Yes, what I’m trying to say is that these three cheese pesto bites are the type of thing that you just can’t stop eating. Like seriously can’t stop won’t stop eating them ever. They are that good. So delicious, and the Borden® Cheese ooey, gooey goodness makes them perfect for everyone to love.
Do I like to make them as an appetizer every single time that I have people coming over to visit or for game watching? Yup! Baby shower? You bet! Book club? Totally. Completely random party with friends? Hello, three cheese pesto bites. These are a staple, even if they are just for my husband and I while watching TV.
What I love so much about them is that they are not difficult at all to make, which is a really good thing (especially if, like me, you are always short on time and on the go). They are also really quick to make, especially if you start with premade pizza dough.
And the flavor! O M G the flavor is something that’s so good I could write an entire post about it. You get the pesto that’s herby and garlicky and smells like the Italian countryside. And then we have the cheese, the blend of cheese that’s just amazing. Three different varieties of cheese + dough + pesto + a light buttery glaze = BEST THING EVER.
While all their cheese varieties are amazing for this recipe, I went with Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds, Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds and Borden® Cheese Pepper Jack Slices. You can find them at a variety of grocery stores nationwide; I purchased them at Randalls, but you can find the closest one to you on the store locator here.
To make them, just mix pizza dough with some pesto and form small balls. Flatten them with your hand to form cookie like disks. Spread some pesto on top.
Lay some Borden® Cheese Pepper Jack Slices, a bit of Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds and a little of Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds over the pesto.
Roll them to form tight balls, and coat them with a mix of butter, salt, pepper, and maple syrup.
Bake for 15 minutes and done!
Trust me when I say the way to go is making a big batch because they are going to fly off the dish. Especially when everyone realizes how gooey and melty the inside of these bites is.
Three Cheese Pesto Bites
- ½ Cup Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds
- ½ Cup Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds
- 5 Slices Borden® Cheese Pepper Jack Slices
- 2 Cups pizza dough
- ½ Cup pesto
- ¼ Cup butter
- ⅛ Cup maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a flat surface mix the pizza dough with half the pesto.
- Use hands to form small balls until all the dough is used.
- Use hands to flatten them to form cookie like disks.
- Spread the remaining pesto on top of the dough disks.
- On every dough disk lay some Borden® Cheese Pepper Jack Slices, a bit of Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds and a little of Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds.
- Roll the disks to form tight balls.
- In a bowl mix the melted butter, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the balls with the buttery glaze.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.