Looking for a delicious, easy and healthy breakfast recipe? These air fryer scrambled eggs are just that and more! High in protein, keto friendly and low carb and ready in minutes you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
There’s something incredibly comforting about starting your day with scrambled eggs. I mean they are filling, delicious, easy enough to make and pretty much a total crowd favorite + they pair incredibly well with a lot of breakfast menu items like toasts, biscuits and pancakes.
I’m used to making scrambled eggs in a skillet on the stove, the classic traditional way. But with air fryers becoming more popular by the minute I really needed to know if it was possible to make them there.
- ♨️ Can you cook eggs in the air fryer?
- 💪 But are air fryer eggs healthy?
- 🤔 Is it easy to make scrambled eggs in the air fryer?
- 🥣 Ingredients you need to make scrambled eggs in the air fryer
- 🥘 How to make air fryer scrambled eggs
- ⏲️ How much time do air fryer scrambled eggs take
- 📖 Variations and substitutions for scrambled eggs
- 🍽 What to serve with air fryer scrambled eggs: The perfect sides!
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs Recipe
♨️ Can you cook eggs in the air fryer?
Yes! You can cook eggs in the air fryer.
Actually you can make air fryer eggs in a number of different ways. You can make over easy eggs, hard boiled eggs, fried eggs and scrambled eggs.
As you can see, with an air fryer you can solve all your breakfast issues in almost no time.
💪 But are air fryer eggs healthy?
Yes! Air fryer eggs can be incredibly healthy depending on how you prepare them and what you mix them in with.
I used cooking spray, eggs and a pinch of salt and pepper so they are as healthy as they can get.
This scrambled eggs recipe is keto friendly, low carb, gluten free, macro friendly and high in protein.
However I also provide some variation and substitution at the bottom of this post in case you want to make your recipe more indulgent.
🤔 Is it easy to make scrambled eggs in the air fryer?
Well, this is a more complicated answer.
I find that making them on the stove is actually a bit easier than cooking them in the air fryer.
However, using the air fryer also has some advantages. For example you can cook eggs in a hotel room, RV or dorm room.
Making eggs in the air fryer is a great way to cook your favorite breakfast food in places that don’t allow stoves or open fire but that are okay with electrical appliances.
On the other hand if you are cooking a lot and have your stove packed, the air fryer might be a good option too.
🥣 Ingredients you need to make scrambled eggs in the air fryer
Well now it’s time to get cooking so get your ingredients together.
- Cooking spray: To keep this fluffy scrambled eggs recipe as healthy as it could be I used some butter flavored cooking oil. You can use melted butter or even olive oil.
- Eggs: I used 2 large eggs. With my air fryer I feel you can comfortably cook up to 4 eggs. More and it will be too crowded to cook evenly.
- Salt and pepper: To give it some flavor.
As you can see you only need some very easy to find ingredients and the end result will be incredibly delicious.
🥘 How to make air fryer scrambled eggs
Place a baking pan into the air fryer basket and preheat to 350 degrees for around 2 minutes.You want your pan to be hot before adding the eggs.
While the pan is preheating add your eggs to a small bowl and whisk until scrambles. Add the salt and pepper and combine well. If you want you can also add other extra spices at this post: garlic powder and onion powder are favorites around here. But paprika and curry also give them a nice and fun twist.
Take the air fryer basket out and spray the pan with cooking spray. You want to coat it really well so the eggs don’t stick.
Pour the eggs into the pan and return to the air fryer. Cook for 3 minutes. Take out and with the help of a spoon scramble them. Return to the air fryer and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until done.
That’s it! That’s really how easy it is to cook eggs in an air fryer.
⏲️ How much time do air fryer scrambled eggs take
Around 5 minutes. It’s an incredibly quick and easy recipe. Basically just preheat your pan for a couple of minutes. Scramble your eggs while it’s preheating and then cook for 4 to 6 minutes and you are all set.
📖 Variations and substitutions for scrambled eggs
Scrambled eggs are the type of dish that can be totally customized to fit what you love.
This is the perfect “basic” recipe so you can have plain scrambled eggs or add some extras and upgrade your egg game.
My favorite ways to upgrade your scrambled eggs before cooking them:
- Add some goat cheese and chopped cherry tomatoes for a Mediterranean twist on your breakfast
- Mix in 4 tablespoons of refried beans and some crushed tortillas to make Migas in the air fryer. An inspired mexican dish that takes almost no time to make.
- Add some pesto, mozzarella cheese and some chopped tomatoes and enjoy an Italian scrambled egg recipe
- Make some air fryer bacon and eggs! Mix it with some chopped cooked bacon and a bit of american cheese to create a super indulgent breakfast.
As you can see this one recipe can result in a million different variations. Feel free to play up with it and create your very own breakfast menu.
🍽 What to serve with air fryer scrambled eggs: The perfect sides!
Can we just agree that scrambled eggs go pretty much with anything and everything?
I mean you can serve eggs with:
- Pancakes: If you are looking for a fast food inspired breakfast these McDonald’s Pancakes will be the perfect pair.
- Or make an stir fry with mushrooms, peppers and zucchini
Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 2 Eggs large
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Place a baking pan in the air fryer basket and preheat to 350 degrees for around 2 to 3 minutes or until the pan is hot.
- While the air fryer is preheating, beat the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take the air fryer basket out and spray the pan liberally with cooking spray. Pour the eggs into the pan and take bake to the air fryer.
- Cook for 3 minutes, take out and with the help of a spoon, scramble. Return and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes or until done.