The best apple pie cupcakes recipe! These cupcakes literally taste like apple pie and are super easy to make!
FALL! Fall it’s here, like officially here. Riding boots are out; pumpkin spice lattes are being ordered – or whipped at home in the shape of a cupcake (check this PSL Cupcakes recipe!!) -, and I just can’t contain my excitement for anything apple cider and caramel. I know, basic, but what can a girl do when she loves fall so much? Easy, whip up a batch of these apple pie cupcakes.
Seriously friends these cupcakes are the bomb.com they are moist, flavorful, packed with apple, full of cinnamon and smell delicious while being baked which in my opinion is a total must!)
They are an apple pie shaped like a cupcake (hence the apple pie cupcakes name), and we were made for something like this.
They are soft and fluffy and topped with the most delicious maple frosting in the planet.
And they are singing you a love song, BAKE ME
BAKE ME RIGHT NOW
So I guess that means that you should get all the ingredients and start baking this because duh, they are asking for it and two it’s so worth it even if you are not a cupcake fan.
For me, the secret is using a lot of apples, and I’m not talking about applesauce (that can be delicious as well but it’s not what we are looking for) I’m talking about real, fresh apples. If you live in somewhere that produces apple (hey Upstate NY) I’m talking about the kind of apple that you just picked on a farm or the ones you purchased from the lovely lady at the farmers market. Since the apples are the secret to make this so delicious, we need good apples, simple as that.
And we are going to grate them, or if you are lazy like me and don’t own a grater, just place them in your food processor and call it a day. What we don’t wants to feel apple chunks in our cupcakes. Mainly because that would make the cupcakes too wet and second, becuase we wound end up with batter that tastes like cinnamon and then an apple chunk instead of having all the flavors in all the cupcake.
- 1 1/8 Cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Stick of butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup shredded apple (or processed)
- Maple frosting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl whip the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the egg and the vanilla and continue mixing for 1 minute.
- Mix in the baking powder cinnamon and nutmeg. Reduce the speed and incorporate the apples (around 2 minutes)
- Slowly incorporate the flour and mix for 3 minutes or until everything is well incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into each cupcake liner and take to the oven.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven, let it sit for 5 minutes and remove from the cupcake pan.
- Let them cool until they are no longer hot to the touch and frost with the maple frosting.
Leave a Reply