Brownie fudge cupcakes for breakfast brownie fudge cupcakes for lunch and brownie fudge cupcakes for dinner I’ m pretty much eating these cupcakes all day every day.
This recipe is good friends, like so good everyone will rave about them and will ask for doubles triples and then for the recipe.
And you know what? Once you make them send some my way because, I just can’t stop!
But seriously tho, this is a great crowd favorite recipe which makes it incredibly good if you. Are planning a bake sale, own a baking business or need to bring cupcakes for a party ( or you know if you enjoy life and want cupcakes)
These brownie batter cupcakes are chewy and moist and choke full of chocolate flavor, so this is basically a brownie baked into a cupcake + they hold the shape incredibly well which makes it even better, because sticky fingers are awesome for a brownie but not so much for a cupcake (you want it to come off the wrapper easily after all).
Looking for more Chocolate Recipes?
Then these Oreo Fudge Brownies are perfect
How to Make Brownie Fudge Cupcakes
For me the secret of the extreme chocolate flavor and the brownie-like texture is using a mix of melted chocolate and cocoa powder, then a pinch of salt and a pinch of espresso powder to amp up the chocolate flavor.
Both salt and espresso powder make the chocolate develop more intense flavors which are great when you are looking to create a powerful chocolate treat.
I prefer to keep the brownie batter cupcakes nut free and then add them on top of the frosting as decor but if you are a walnut lover or live too much the texture of little walnut pieces in your brownie the add 1/2cup of chopped walnuts to the batter before baking g and call it a day.
And if you want to take your brownie batter cupcakes to the next level of awesomeness from them with some brownie batter frosting because the combo is mind blowing good! And I’m not saying that because I love everything frosting but because they make a hot couple. Or you can also go ahead and make a malted chocolate frosting to top this brownie fudge cupcakes!
- 1 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup melted chocolate
- 3/4 Cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the baking powder, espresso powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl and with the help of a mixer whip up the butter nad sugar until light and fluffy (around 3 minutes) slowly incorporate the eggs 1 at a time.
- Incorporate the flour and milk alternating between the two and finishing with the flour.
- Incorporate the melted chocolate and keep mixing until everything is well incorporated and there are no lumps left.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners and take to the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and from the cupcake pans and let them cool.
- Frost and serve.