So I made cake you know? But not just any type of cake, I made cakes and cream cake which is like, just in case you are asking yourself cookies and cream cake but better.
Yes I just said there is something better that cookies and cream (gasp!)
Also its the fudgiest cake you are ever going to have in you entire life
fudge cake lovers unite!!
Let me explain things better because when I’m excited (and I’m out of this world sugar high style excited) I like to overexplain things
this is a chocolate fudge cake with cakes and cream frosting and then a mountain of chocolate brownie on top
so it goes like this cake + cakes and cream frosting + brownie topping
I like to call it happiness booster too because there is not a single thing this cake can’t solve. Heartbreak? trust me it hurts less with cake. Intense 3 am chocolate cravings? Oh girl chocolate cravings are so last minute ago after you have a bite. bad month, week, day, hour at work? cake is here for you. Basically if you don’t feel better after eating this you are not human (or at least you are not a chocolate lover kind of person in which case this recipe is not for you but this one is) buuut if you are a chocolover, or just a lover of all things delicious and cake this is the perfect dessert for you!!
Because the chocolate avalanche is real in here you guys.
I’m usually more kind of cupcake person, because as much as I love cake I find it a bit more time consuming than cupcakes, and when I want desserts I want them fast like really fast, like please be faster fast, so when I was brainstorming ideas for recipes to post here I decided to get out of my comfort zone and make a chocolate cake with just a hint of frosting.
Everything went according to my plans until it was time to frost and decorate it and I just couldn’t stop myself, I was on a real chocolate craze adding everything and anything that crossed my path, apparently I can’t be trusted around chocolate and that’s how this delicious treat here came to life, because I was crazy enough to bake a brownie just to smash it and use it as topping.
Everything is basically perfection in a bite but what really makes this recipe stand out is without doubts the cakes and cream frosting,
like a told you a cakes and cream frosting is like a cookies and cream frosting but swapping the cookies for chocolate cake. What you get is a less crunchier frosting (that doesn’t gets stuck in your pipping bag!!) and a great use to the cake scraps that you get after leveling your cake (ha! Like if there was such a thing as leftover cake)
So the process to make it is really simple, whip some vanilla frosting, add enough chocolate cake crumbs to make your heart happy and mix everything. Easy and simple
You can find the brownie recipe here
and the basic vanilla frosting recipe here
- ¾ Cup chopped chocolate
- ⅓ Cup cacao powder
- ¾ Cup hot coffee
- ¾ Cup flour
- ¾ Cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Vanilla Buttercream
- Chocolate cake crumbs (from leveling your cake)
- Brownie crumbs
- In a bowl mix the chocolate and the cacao, add the hot coffee and continue mixing until everything is melted and well incorporated. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a cake pan
- In another bowl mix the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Pour in the chocolate mixture and continue mixing until the batter is shinny
- Slowly add the sugar, flour and baking powder, mixing until everything is well incorporated and there are no lumps left
- Pour the mixture in the cake pan and bake for 15/20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and from the pan and let them cool until they are no longer hot to the touch
- Level your cake and smash the leftovers to create some crumbs, mix it with the vanilla butter cream and place in a pipping bag. Decorate your cake.
- Pile the brownie crumbs in the center of the cake as a topping
- Serve and enjoy