This Carbquik pancake recipe is all you need for breakfast. They come out light, fluffy and with only 2 net carbs per serving they are keto, low carb and macro friendly.
Pancakes are the best breakfast you can ever have. I mean they are incredibly delicious and indulgent, easy to make and a total crowd favorite.
However, traditional pancakes are not usually healthy, and they are definitely not low carb.
These pancakes on the other hand? They keep all the good things pancakes should have while being healthy, low carb diet and keto friendly, and with a low glycemic index.
- 🙌 Is Carbquik good on keto?
- 🤔 How many carbs are on Carbquik?
- ↩️ Can you use Carbquik instead of bisquick or bisquick instead of Carbquik?
- 🥣 Ingredients you need to make keto pancakes
- 🥞 How to make carbquik pancakes
- 📖 Variations and sustitutions
- Carbquik Pancake Recipe
- 🤩 What to serve with low carb pancakes
And they don’t taste like diet food. Like at all.
These low carb pancakes are seriously good. Just as good as the real thing.
🙌 Is Carbquik good on keto?
I know I’m making some bold claims here about Carbquik pancakes. I mean we are talking about how they are the best fluffy keto pancakes you’ll ever have.
So is Carbquik keto? Yes it is! It’s actually an incredibly low carb baking mix that’s perfect for those following a low carb diet.
And what is Carbquik baking mix?
So if you’ve never heard about Carbquik before you are in for a treat because it’s amazing!
It’s basically a low carb baking mix. Just like Biquick but for those that are conscious about their overall carbs intake.
The secret ingredient of Carbquik biscuit and baking mix is carbalose flour. Carbalose it’s an amazing ingredient made with wheat fiber. I actually have a whole post dedicated to carbalose flour in case you want to read more.
But what I love the most about Carbquik low-carb baking mix is the fact that you can use it for A LOT of recipes. My personal favorite is for pancakes (that’s the reason for this recipe after all). However it’s also great for different recipes like:
- Pizza crust
- Pie crust
- Pot pie
- Fried chicken
As you can see there are a lot of recipes that can be made with carbquik mix and fit low-carb diets
🤔 How many carbs are on Carbquik?
Way less than you think. A serving, which is around ½ cup of baking mix or 32 grams, has only 2 grams of net carbs.
When I say it’s one of the best low-carb flour for baking treats and making pancakes I mean it. It’s honestly the best thing for those that are on a keto diet or for those that are looking to have fewer net carbs than with regular flour.
↩️ Can you use Carbquik instead of bisquick or bisquick instead of Carbquik?
Yes! You can actually use Carbquik instead of Bisquick.
That means you can go and make all the recipes you already love that are made with Biquick.
On the other hand you can also switch Carbquik mix for Bisquick too if you don’t care about the fewer carbs.
🥣 Ingredients you need to make keto pancakes
Now that I hopefully convinced you to make these sweet fluffy pancakes it’s time to get your ingredients
- Carbquik: This is the star of this recipe and what makes these taste (and feel) like regular pancakes.
- Water: I honestly really like how these pancakes come out with water and it’s also a great way to keep them healthier and lower calorie. However if you want you can also use almond milk instead of water. If you want some richer pancakes you can also use half part of water and half part of heavy cream.
- Melted butter: My secret for perfectly melt in your mouth pancakes, is melting ½ a stick of butter and mixing it with the pancake batter.
- Eggs: A must have when it comes to keto pancakes. It brings all the ingredients together and helps the batter keep its shape. Eggs are also a great protein source which is a must for breakfast foods.
🥞 How to make carbquik pancakes
Time to make the best keto pancakes ever! Trust me when I say this recipe is as easy as it can get.
It only takes around 10 minutes from start to finish (depending on the number of pancakes you make of course) And only need some simple ingredients and a little bit of mixing.
Best of all it’s a one bowl and you are done type of recipe
Just start by whisking all the ingredients in a large bowl. You don’t want to overmix the batter so just a quick whisk is more than enough.
Then coat a frying pan or griddle with either vegetable oil spray, you can aso spray coconut oil or even melt some butter and bring to a heat over medium heat.
Pour around ⅓ cup batter onto the hot griddle and cook for around 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook for 2 more minutes or until golden brown.
It can’t honestly get any easier than this.
📖 Variations and sustitutions
While this is a great recipe there are a lot of options to play with it. Think of this as a starting recipe and play up with it to create exactly what you are craving
Carbquik pancakes with half and half
Remember how I said you can make these pancakes with water or with a water and heavy cream combination?
Well you can also make them with half and half.
Half and half is keto friendly and an ingredient we usually have on hand. Just follow the recipe exactly as written and sub the water or half and half and you are all set.
The end result will be a slightly softer pancake with a slight creamy taste that’s really good too!
And did you know you can also use this Carbquik recipe to make waffles?
I mean can we just agree this is an incredible recipe?
To make waffles just follow all the batter recipe and preheat your waffle maker. You’ll get a super pourable batter so it’s great for waffles.
Then cook according to your waffle maker directions. The end result is slightly crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside.
You’ll get a low carb breakfast perfect for a healthy lifestyle.
Carbquik pancake recipe for one
The recipe I share below is for 2 servings. However it’s easy enough to reduce and make keto pancakes for one.
To make low carb pancakes for 1 you’ll need:
- ½ Cup carbquik
- ¼ Cup water
- ½ Beaten egg
- ½ Tbsp melted butter
Carbquik Pancake Recipe
- 2 Cups Carbquik
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Butter melted
- 1 Egg
- In a bowl beat together the carbquik, water, melted butter and egg until just barely combined. You want to be careful to not overmix the batter. The batter should be slightly thick but pourable.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or with a pat of butter.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto the hot griddle and cook for 2 minutes or until small bubbles form on top. Flip and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
🤩 What to serve with low carb pancakes
Carbquik pancakes are the ultimate breakfast and one of the main reasons is:
You can serve them with pretty much anything!
If you love traditional sides then these are some delicious keto pancake toppings:
- Sugar free syrups for pancakes and waffles: I even share on that post a couple alternatives for maple syrup
- Fresh fruits like raspberries
- Keto chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- Scrambled eggs: I have a post for air fryer scrambled eggs that will be perfect with this healthy pancake recipe.