Carrot Cake Cupcakes. Let me repeat that, carrot cake cupcakes topped with the fluffiest frosting and waiting for you to make them.
I’m pretty sure life gets better after you eat one of these little things. And, they are so easy, so incrediby easy to make, that there’s no excuse on the planet to not make them now.
I’ve been on a crazy carrot cake madness, you know when you try something super good and you get hooked and then it becomes borderline obsession and you just can’t have anything else for dessert?
Well, I’m at that point with carrot cake recipes. I just dream with layers upon layers, upon layers of slightly spiced cake and miles upon miles of fluffy frosting.
But hey chocolate peanut butter cake is delicious as well, and a lemon cake is so good!
And I really believe you (I mean I really know it) but I just can’t, and I believe that you are just about to can’t to after you try this carrot cake cupcakes recipe.
I believe that these are the best cupcakes for Easter, or for mothers day, or for breakfast tomorrow, and they after and just to have as a snack today, right now, like 20 minutes from now.
They are just like that humble and at the same time perfect for any occasion.
And they are definitely a crowd pleaser – obviously if you make the difficult decision of sharing them.
Almost everybody likes carrot cake cupcakes and no one can say no to a batch of happiness, that’s for sure.
Another thing that I love about carrot cake cupcakes is that they come preportioned, I mean with a carrot cake, with a chocolate cake and just with any cake under the sun you need to have some serious willpower.
I mean there’s a whole delicious looking cake sitting there just looking at you. But with cupcakes you can have one and call it a day, you can also freeze them (and in case you are looking at me wondering how on earth you can do that I have a super complete tutorial on how to freeze cupcakes).
So, even if you are a household of only one or two and the thought of a whole batch of cupcakes scares you (I feel you my friend) then fear not.
Just make your batch, freeze some of them, eat the rest, wonder why you decided to freeze them so fast after you stuff your face with the first round of cupcakes, unfreeze the others while no one is watching and stuff your face again.
So, yes, these carrot cake cupcakes are the most delicious thing you are going to eat this season, and the next and the one after that.
They are just THAT good. (is it normal that I’m drooling just looking and the pictures and writing about this? I’m a weirdo).
But not only they are that good and make you dream of their fluffiness and perfection every day.
The carrot cake cupcakes recipe si so easy to follow that even if this is the first time that you decide to bake something from scratch, or even if this is the first time that you are branching away from cupcake mixes that come in a box, you are still going to be able to rock it.
Trust me, It’s un-messable
And when I say that, I mean it!
There’s almost no possible way that you can make this carrot cake cupcakes recipe go wrong.
Just gather all your ingredients in the measures that I give you.
Mix them in that order.
Place it in the oven and that’s it.
The only possible way this recipe could go bad is if you suddenly decide to take a weeklong trip to Narnia while your cupcakes are in the oven.
So, yes, you can totally make them, they are totally going to be delicious, and you are totally a baking rockstar.
How to make carrot cake cupcakes
There are a couple of tips that you may want to keep in your mind while making them.
- Grate your carrots: Grate them until they are really thin. Look I’m lazy ok? I don’t own a grater so if I want to grate something I have to use my blender and again I’m lazy. So, the first time I made them, I decided to try to just slice them and the result was disgusting. Seriously finding soup sized carrot chunks in your cupcakes is not delicious. Grate your carrots.
- Nothing else. See? I told you they were easy
To frost them I use the ultimate vanilla frosting, but you can use your favorite vanilla or cream cheese frosting.
- 1/3 Cup melted butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup grated carrots
- 3/4 Cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a bowl mix the melted butter and the sugar for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated (this takes around 2 minutes)
- Add the baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon and grated carrots and mix a bit more.
- Slowly pour in the flour and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated and there are no lumps left.
- Divide the batter between the 12 cupcake liners, making sure they are 3/4 full.
- Take to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool until hey are no longer hot to the touch.
- Decorate with frosting and enjoy!
Leave a Reply