Ready to dive into some delicious comfort food? Today, I’ve got a treat for you – Chili’s Baked Potato Soup. It’s creamy, hearty, and loaded with all the toppings you’d expect on a baked potato.
With each spoonful, you’ll be greeted with the comforting flavors of potatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese, and chives. Whether you’re looking for a cozy lunch or a lovely dinner, this soup will surely hit the spot. So, let’s get cooking and indulge in a bowl of pure comfort!
Why you’ll love this recipe
1. Creamy and Comforting: Chili’s Baked Potato Soup is a creamy and velvety soup that provides a comforting and satisfying eating experience. The combination of potatoes, chicken stock, and heavy cream creates a rich, smooth texture that warms the soul. The soup’s consistency is reminiscent of a baked potato, making it a delightful choice for those seeking comfort food.
2. Familiar Flavors: This recipe captures the essence of a classic loaded baked potato by incorporating familiar flavors. The soup is seasoned with salt and ground white pepper, providing a well-balanced taste. Topped with crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped chives, it offers the same indulgent toppings you would find on a baked potato. These familiar flavors and toppings contribute to the overall appeal of the dish, making it a favorite among those who enjoy the classic combination of cheese and bacon.
3. Versatile and Customizable: Chili’s Baked Potato Soup is versatile and allows for customization based on personal preferences. The recipe provides a solid foundation, but individuals can easily adapt it to suit their tastes. For example, some might prefer a spicier version by adding jalapeños or hot sauce, while others prefer a milder flavor profile. Additionally, individuals can adjust the thickness of the soup by adding more or less chicken stock or heavy cream. Customizing the recipe to personal liking ensures people can tailor the soup to their taste preferences, enhancing their enjoyment.
What ingredients do you need to make Chili’s baked potato soup?
1. Russet Potatoes: Russet potatoes are a type of starchy potato known for their light and fluffy texture. They have brown, rough skin and white flesh. In this recipe, the russet potatoes are peeled and cut into small cubes to provide a creamy base for the soup.
2. Butter: Butter is a dairy product made from churning cream or milk. It adds richness, flavor, and a velvety mouthfeel to the soup. The melted butter is used as the base for the roux, which helps thicken the soup.
3. All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is a versatile type commonly used in cooking and baking. In this recipe, it is combined with melted butter to create a roux. The roux serves as a thickening agent for the soup, contributing to its creamy consistency.
4. Chicken Stock: Chicken stock is a flavorful liquid made by simmering chicken bones, meat, and aromatic vegetables. It adds depth of flavor to the soup and serves as the main liquid component. The chicken stock enhances the overall savory taste of the dish.
5. Heavy Cream: Heavy cream, also known as whipping cream, is a thick dairy product with high-fat content. It adds richness and creaminess to the soup, resulting in a velvety texture. Heavy cream contributes to the indulgent and comforting nature of the soup.
6. Salt: Salt is a fundamental seasoning that enhances the flavors of the other ingredients. It helps to balance the taste and bring out the natural flavors of the potatoes and other components in the soup.
7. Ground White Pepper: Ground white pepper is a milder and less intense version of black pepper. It adds a subtle spiciness and gentle heat to the soup, complementing the other flavors without overpowering them.
8. Crumbled Bacon (Garnish): Crumbled bacon is cooked and crumbled pieces of bacon. It adds a smoky, salty, and crispy element to the soup as a garnish. The bacon garnish provides an extra flavor and texture to each bite.
9. Chopped Chives (Garnish): Chives are a herb with long, thin green leaves and a mild onion-like flavor. They add a fresh and slightly spicy taste to the soup when chopped. Chopped chives are used as a garnish, adding a pop of color and freshness.
10. Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Garnish): Cheddar cheese is a popular variety known for its sharp and tangy flavor. When shredded and sprinkled on the soup, it melts and adds creamy, cheesy goodness. The shredded cheddar cheese garnish provides a savory and indulgent finishing touch to the soup.
How to refrigerate, freeze, and thaw the Chili’s Baked Potato Soup:
1. Allow the soup to cool completely at room temperature before refrigerating.
2. Transfer the soup to an airtight container or airtight resealable bags.
3. Seal the container or bags tightly to prevent air from entering.
4. Place the container or bags in the refrigerator.
5. The soup can be refrigerated for 3-4 days.
1. Ensure the soup has cooled down completely before freezing.
2. Transfer the soup to freezer-safe containers or freezer bags.
3. Leave some headspace in the containers or bags to allow for expansion during freezing.
4. Seal the containers or bags tightly, removing as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn.
5. Label the containers or bags with the date and soup name for easy identification.
6. Place the containers or bags in the freezer.
7. The soup can be frozen for 2-3 months.
1. transfer the frozen soup from the freezer to the refrigerator to thaw the soup.
2. Allow the soup to thaw slowly in the refrigerator overnight or for about 24 hours.
3. Once thawed, reheat the soup on the stovetop over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
4. Alternatively, you can reheat individual portions of the soup in the microwave, stirring occasionally, until heated to your desired temperature.
5. Ensure the soup is heated thoroughly before serving.
Note: It’s important to follow safe food handling practices and guidelines. When refrigerating or freezing, ensure the soup is stored at appropriate temperatures to avoid the risk of bacterial growth. Additionally, it’s best to consume thawed and reheated soup within a few days and avoid refreezing previously frozen soup.
How to serve Chili’s baked potato soup
1. Crusty Bread: Serve the soup with warm, crusty bread such as a baguette or dinner rolls. The bread can be used for dipping into the soup, adding a delightful textural contrast.
2. Salad: Accompany the soup with a fresh green salad. A simple garden salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and a light vinaigrette dressing complements the soup’s richness.
3. Loaded Toppings Bar: Create a toppings bar with various options for people to customize their soup. Offer additional shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, chopped chives, sour cream, and even diced avocado. This allows everyone to add their favorite toppings and personalize their bowl of soup.
4. Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Pair the soup with a classic grilled cheese sandwich. The crispy, buttery bread, and melted cheese combine when dipped into the creamy soup.
5. Soup Bowls: Consider serving the soup in individual bread bowls. Hollow out small round bread loaves, such as sourdough or boule, and ladle the hot soup into the bread bowls. It adds a fun and edible element to the presentation and adds an extra flavor dimension.
6. Cornbread or Biscuits: Serve the soup with cornbread or homemade biscuits. These baked goods complement the soup well and can be enjoyed by dunking or having a bite alongside each spoonful.
Chili’s Baked Potato Soup
- 3 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 6 Cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup half and half
- 2 teaspoon sast
- 1 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 Cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon to garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped chives to garnish
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat. Add the flour and cook on medium heat for 1 minute. You should get a dough like consistency.
- Slowly pour the chicken stock and stir to incorporate. Add the heavy cream and stir.
- Add the potatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes nd soft and the soup is thick.
- You can either serve as is or use an immersion blender to pulse until creamy.
- Transfer to bowls and top with cheese, bacon and chives.
Frequently asked questions about Chili’s Baked Potato Soup
Chili’s Baked Potato Soup is neither vegetarian nor vegan, as it contains ingredients like chicken stock, heavy cream, and bacon.
Chili’s Potato Soup contains approximately 235 calories per serving.
Yes, Panera Bread offers Baked Potato Soup on its menu. It is a popular dish that can be enjoyed independently or incorporated into other recipes like potatoes au gratin.