There’s nothing more delicious than cream cheese. I mean you could pretty much add cream cheese to anything and be sure that’s going to be some sort of magical gifts from the Gods. And then there’s a pound cake, that’s probably one of the most delicious and simple ways to eat cake. and then I just mixed both of them into one dense soul healthy cream cheese pound cake that has me thinking bout happiness and dreams.
In all seriousness, this is probably one of the best pound cake recipes I’ve ever made. Yes, it’s better than the lemon pound cake and way better than the vanilla pound cake. This cream cheese pound cake has a hint of the cream cheese tartness and is creamy in a melt in your mouth way that no other pound cake can achieve.
Also, it’s topped with more cream cheese frosting because if one thing is delicious then you always need to take it to the next level and over do it. Allways.
And it’s also one of those recipes that are incredibly relaxing to make on a Sunday when you bring out all your ingredients and leisurely mix everything together without the hurry of the weekdays. Cream cheese pound cake is one of those recipes that melts the stress away and then fill you with life and flavors. It’s one of those recipes that fill your home with cozy smells and that gives you the time to only focus on yourself and on delicious food.
I’m telling you it’s good for your soul to make a batch and then serve yourself a slice and then uncontrollably reach out for another because it’s that good and you just baked.
This cream cheese pound cake is delicious fresh out of the oven, it’s delicious the next day and it’s delicious slightly toasted after it’s a couple of days old and dunked into a huge mug of steaming chocolate.
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 Brick cream cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a pound cake pan and set aside.
- With the help of a mixer, mix the butter, cream cheese, and sugar together until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and the eggs and keep mixing for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and continue beating until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pound cake pan and take to the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before serving.