Get ready to satisfy your cravings with a review and a fantastic copycat recipe for the delightful Dunkin Caramel Chocolate Cold Brew. We’ll take you on a flavorful journey as we share our thoughts and a full review of this popular Dunkin’ beverage.
Discover its balanced sweetness and coffee-forward taste that sets it apart from overly sugary alternatives.
But hold on; we won’t leave you empty-handed! We’ve got a special treat—a carefully crafted copycat recipe that lets you recreate this heavenly drink in your home. So, let’s dive in and enjoy the perfect harmony of caramel, chocolate, and coffee!
Review: Caramel Chocolate Cold Brew from Dunkin’
If you’re a fan of sweetened iced coffee, the Caramel Chocolate Cold Brew from Dunkin’ is a drink you won’t want to miss.
This beverage combines cold brew with caramel chocolate syrup, topped off with a layer of chocolate hard foam and cocoa caramel sprinkles. It’s a harmonious blend that strikes a perfect balance between sweetness and the distinct taste of coffee.
Let’s start with the cocoa caramel sprinkles. These are not your typical sprinkles; they resemble scattered pebbles and add a delightful touch to the drink. While they may feel slightly crunchy initially, they quickly dissolve into the beverage, leaving no trace at the bottom.
The sprinkles resemble the coating on chocolate eclair ice cream bars but with a softer texture.
Supporting the tasty rubble is a thick layer of chocolate cold foam that impresses with its stability.
Unlike other drinks with cold foam that tend to dissipate quickly, this foam maintains its presence throughout most of the time it takes to finish the drink. Its whipped consistency offers a chocolatey and sweet flavor that doesn’t overwhelm the overall experience.
The bulk of the beverage consists of a cold brew infused with caramel chocolate syrup. Despite the rich-sounding ingredients, this drink avoids becoming excessively sweet.
The chocolate and caramel flavors beautifully complement the cold brew, elevating its taste without overshadowing the coffee. It’s like sipping a sweeter and more indulgent version of coffee, with a pleasing hint of bitterness that mingles well with the cocoa and caramel notes.
As someone who usually prefers less adorned coffee but occasionally craves a sweeter option, I found the Caramel Chocolate Cold Brew to strike a perfect balance. It manages to cater to a wide range of coffee preferences, pleasing those who enjoy the simplicity of coffee and the indulgence of specialty drinks.
Unlike some Dunkin’ specialty drinks that can feel like dessert in a cup, this one maintains a smooth, coffee-centric profile.
However, it’s worth noting that the experience may vary. The drink had a different outcome in a second attempt at a different Dunkin’ location.
While the cold foam remained great, the cocoa caramel sprinkles were replaced with cinnamon sugar. Unfortunately, this resulted in a disappointing flavor profile, resembling straight chocolate syrup with minimal caramel or coffee notes. I wouldn’t recommend purchasing this version.
In conclusion, the Caramel Chocolate Cold Brew from Dunkin’ earns a solid 10 out of 10 rating for its delightful blend of flavors, balanced sweetness, and coffee-centric experience.
It manages to satisfy both coffee purists and those seeking a more indulgent treat. While there may be some inconsistency across different locations, this beverage is a harmonious masterpiece that will please caffeine enthusiasts worldwide when prepared correctly.
Dunkin Caramel Chocolate Cold Brew copycat recipe
Three reasons why people will love this Chocolate Cold Brew recipe:
- Rich and Indulgent Flavor: The combination of malted milk powder, cocoa powder, and vanilla syrup creates a rich and indulgent flavor profile. The chocolatey notes blend perfectly with the creamy texture of the cold foam, enhancing the overall taste experience. It’s a treat for chocolate lovers and those looking for a decadent twist on their cold brew.
- Customizable and Versatile: This recipe allows for customization based on personal preferences. You can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less vanilla syrup and experimenting with different syrup flavors to create variations of the cold foam. It’s a versatile recipe that can cater to different tastes, making it enjoyable for many individuals.
- Café-Quality Cold Foam at Home: The cold foam created in this recipe mimics the texture and consistency of the cold foam found in popular coffee shops. With a handheld milk frother, you can quickly achieve a light and frothy foam that adds a delightful touch to your homemade cold brew. It brings the café experience to your kitchen, allowing you to enjoy a professional-quality beverage without leaving the comfort of your home.
Overall, people will love this Chocolate Cold Foam recipe for its rich flavor, customization options, and the ability to recreate a café-worthy beverage at home.
It’s a delicious and satisfying treat combining the best cold brew coffee with a luscious chocolate twist.
What ingredients do you need to make it at home?
- Heavy Cream: Heavy or whipping cream is a thick and high-fat dairy product. It adds richness and creaminess to the cold foam, contributing to its smooth texture and indulgent taste.
- 2% Milk: 2% milk refers to a type of milk that has had most of the milk fat removed, resulting in a lower fat content than whole milk. It still provides a creamy element to the cold foam while reducing fat content.
- Malted Milk Powder: Malted milk powder combines malted barley, wheat flour, and powdered milk. It has a distinctive flavor reminiscent of malted milkshakes. Adding to the cold foam enhances the sweetness and adds a unique, nostalgic taste to the beverage.
- Vanilla Syrup: Vanilla syrup is a sweet syrup infused with the flavor of vanilla. It provides a pleasant, aromatic vanilla taste to the cold foam and helps to sweeten the beverage. It adds depth and complexity to the flavor profile, complementing the chocolate notes.
- Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder is made by grinding cocoa beans after extracting the cocoa butter. It is commonly used in baking and adds a rich chocolate flavor to recipes. In this case, the cocoa powder gives the cold foam its chocolatey taste, intensifying the overall flavor profile of the beverage.
- Cold Brew Coffee: Cold brew coffee is made by steeping coffee grounds in cold water over an extended period, usually 12 to 24 hours. It results in a smoother, less acidic coffee concentrate. The cold brew coffee serves as the base of the beverage, providing a strong and smooth coffee flavor.
By combining these ingredients, you create a Chocolate Cold Foam that brings together the creaminess of heavy cream and milk, the sweetness of the vanilla syrup, the richness of cocoa powder, and the nostalgic taste of malted milk powder.
These elements harmonize to deliver a delectable, satisfying cold brew experience with a chocolate twist.
Customizations and substitutions
- Sweetness Level: Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less vanilla syrup. Start with the recommended amount and gradually adjust according to your taste preferences.
- Flavor Variations: Experiment with different flavored syrups such as caramel, hazelnut, or mint to create unique variations of the cold foam. This allows you to personalize the flavor profile and explore different taste combinations.
- Toppings: Sprinkle cocoa powder, chocolate shavings, or crushed malted milk balls on top of the foam to add visual appeal and extra flavor to your beverage.
- Whipped Cream: If desired, top the cold foam with a dollop of whipped cream for added indulgence and creaminess.
- Milk Options: If you prefer a different type of milk, such as whole or almond milk, you can substitute it for the 2% milk in the recipe. Remember that using additional milk may slightly alter the taste and texture of the cold foam.
- Alternative Sweeteners: Instead of using vanilla syrup, you can try sweetening the cold foam with honey, maple syrup, or a sugar-free sweetener. Adjust the amount according to your desired level of sweetness.
- Malted Milk Powder Alternative: If malted milk powder is unavailable, you can omit it from the recipe. However, remember that this will alter the flavor profile, and you won’t have a distinct malted taste. Alternatively, add a teaspoon of powdered chocolate or cocoa malt drink mix to achieve a similar flavor profile.
- Decaffeinated Coffee: If you prefer to avoid caffeine, use decaffeinated cold brew coffee as a substitute for regular cold brew. This allows you to enjoy the chocolate cold foam without the stimulant effects of caffeine.
Feel free to experiment with these customizations and substitutions to create a Chocolate Cold Foam that suits your taste preferences and dietary needs. Enjoy the creative process and have fun crafting your personalized version of this delicious beverage!
Dunkin Caramel Chocolate Cold Brew
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 8 ounces cold brew coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla syrup
- In a large cup or glass, combine the cream, milk, malted milk powder, vanilla syrup, and cocoa powder.
- Use a handheld milk frother to whisk the mixture vigorously until it doubles in volume, becoming light and frothy. Set the frothed mixture aside.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and pour the cold brew coffee over the ice.
- Add the desired amount of vanilla syrup to the glass, ensuring to leave some space at the top for the cold foam.
- Take the chocolate cold foam you prepared earlier and pour it over the cold brew coffee.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy your delightful Chocolate Cold Foam Cold Brew!