This ginger simple syrup it’s incredibly easy to make at home and uses only 3 ingredients. Best of all? It can last up to a month (but I’m pretty sure you’ll end up using it faster).
I’m a huge fan of ginger, it’s spicy, it’s flavorful, it’s incredibly delicious. I also love the fact that’s incredibly versatile and that it goes so well with lemonades and cocktails and pretty much everything that needs an extra oomph of flavor.
Until recently I used to add grated ginger to all my drinks, however, I was not a big fan of finding little ginger pieces – after all, a little bit of ginger is awesome, a whole lot tastes like cough meds – so I decided to peruse the internet in the search for a way to still add ginger, since the ginger bits
And that’s when the idea of ginger simple syrup popped around. I tried, tried another one, tweaked a bit the recipe and the final tested and tried result is here and it’s amazing! As in so so good you’ll want to add it to everything.
I use ginger simple syrup to spice up:
- Orange juice
- Pretty much every cocktail and sangria under the sun
- Homemade ice creams
- Hot tea
- And finally, to bottle it up and give it as a housewarming or Christmas gift
Oh and also the recipe for making ginger simple syrup from scratch is incredibly easy and uses a grand total of 3 ingredients: ginger, sugar, and water.
What do you need to keep in mind when making ginger simple syrup at home?
- Use equal parts of water and sugar
- Bring water and sugar to a boil before adding the ginger
- Peel and chop the ginger
- Let the ginger steep in the simple syrup for at least 30 minutes, but I have found out that the result is much better if you let it steep for 2 hours.
- Discard the ginger pieces before bottling it up
And that’s it. It’s seriously that’s easy. I haven’t tried yet making this same ginger simple syrup and adding other mix-ins like mint but I’m pretty sure the result must be mind-blowing good as well.
Leave a Reply