Do you love the Green Passion Smoothie from Panera? If you do, you’ll love this copycat recipe! It’s super easy to make and just as delicious. Plus, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of greens. Give it a try!
What’s the green passion smoothie
The green passion smoothie is one of the items from the drinks menu at Panera. Actually, I also have a post with all the Panera bread drinks ranked in case you want to check it out.
The green passion smoothie is incredibly popular because it’s so delicious and healthy!
The one you’ll get at the fast food restaurant is made with peach and mango puree. It also has white grape concentrate as well as passion fruit juice. All it’s blended with spinach (that’s what gives it the green color and the name) and ice.
It’s incredibly refreshing and tropical and fruity. Honestly it’s a great way to incorporate more green to your diet without feeling them at all.
What’s in the green passion Panera smoothie
Peach, mango, passion fruit juice, white grape juice, spinach and ice. Only 6 ingredients are blended together to create this really delicious drink.
And since it only has 6 ingredients it’s really easy to make at home so you can have it any time you are craving a delicious and healthier drink.
Making a green passion Panera smoothie at home
Ingredients and substitutions
- Mango: Honestly this is probably one of my favorite things for this recipe. it gives it a lush and tropical flavor and also makes it creamier and somewhat more filling. You can use fresh mango or frozen mango. Honestly any mango will work for this.
- Peach: If they are in season you can use fresh but if not go with the frozen chucks you can get from your supermarket.
- Passion fruit juice: The passion fruit juice is what gives it the name. You can find passion fruit juice at most supermarkets. It’s usually frozen. if not your local bodega or Latin American market probably carries it. If you can’t find the frozen ones, some brands carry it in a carton. They are usually sweeter but will work. You can also sub it for orange juice or pineapple juice.
- White grape juice: This makes the drink sweeter. I used the Welch’s one but I’m pretty sure there are other brands too. You can add a bit of sweetener, sugar or a squeeze of agave and a splash of milk if you don’t feel like buying the grape juice (it’s not the same but might work in a pinch!)
- Spinach: All the spinach! But seriously tho, you can’t feel it at all in this recipe. You can also use kale or a combination of both types of greens.
How to prepare the copycat Panera recipe
Now that you have all the ingredients on hand it’s time to prepare it. This is easy. Honestly SO easy.
Add all the ingredients to a high powered blender and pulse until creamy and smooth.
That’s it. That’s literally all you need to do.
I blended mine for around 2 to 3 minutes to make sure the spinach was really blended in and I couldn’t feel it at all.
Green Passion Panera Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 Cup mango diced
- 1/3 Cup peach diced
- 1/2 Cup white grape juice
- 1/2 Cup passion fruit juice
- 1 Cup spinach
- 1/2 Cup ice
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and pulse for 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
Frequently asked questions about the green passion smoothie from panera
Yes! It’s actually the lowest calorie drink from their menu! It only has 180 calories. It’s also packed with fruits and veggies so it’s a healthier alternative that you can enjoy with a little extra something on the side (like some eggs for a protein boost).
The drink has no added sugar but it does have 43 grams of carbs, no fat and only 2 grams of protein.
It’s called a green passion smoothie and it’s incredibly delicious and indulgent while being healthy.
No! They don’t have any added sugar. All te sugar it’s naturally occurring from the fruits.
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious way to start your day, give this Green Passion Smoothie Panera Copycat Recipe a try!
It’s packed with antioxidants, and fiber so is sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
Plus, it’s easy to make and can be tailored to fit your own personal preferences. So what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch of Green Passion Smoothies today!