Did you know you can make some homemade baking powder? In here we share the super easy tutorial and recipe
If we had to list one ingredient, which is the prime component for baking, it would be none other than our good old baking powder!
However, if you are running out of baking powder this time, don’t worry! We got you covered!
What if we say that you can easily prepare your very own homemade baking powder?
Yes. You got it right! You can easily prepare your homemade baking powder, and it will make your cakes, pastries, or bread as fresh and light as ever!
Also, the process is quick and easy! Let’s check out more about it below.
How to make your homemade baking powder?
Preparing your very own homemade baking powder is probably the most straightforward process ever! Let’s check out the quick recipe below.
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch or arrowroot powder
Step 1: Add the baking soda and cream of tartar to a bowl and slowly mix it.
Step 2: Add the cornstarch or arrowroot powder and mix all the ingredients.
Some facts about homemade baking powder?
Even though there are many reasons why homemade choices are way better than store-bought ones, here are a few of them.
- Aluminum-free: Most commercial baking powder contains sodium aluminum sulfate. Your homemade baking powder is free of such preservatives.
- This also ensures that your cakes or bakeries do not have that metallic taste post-baking, which can happen with commercial baking powders.
- Gluten-free: The homemade baking powder is free from any gluten if you use arrowroot powder instead of cornflour. However, you can find many gluten-free cornflour options for this recipe too!
- GMO-free: If you choose cornstarch free of GMO, your homemade baking powder will also be free from such harmful ingredients, which can have adverse effects on your health in the long run.
How to store your homemade baking powder?
Like any other powder ingredient in your kitchen, you need to store your homemade baking powder in an airtight container to prevent it from attracting moisture.
Ensure that no water droplets get in contact with the homemade baking powder. Else, your baking powder might clump, and the quality can get hampered.
You can easily store your homemade baking powder for about six months without any hassle!
Nonetheless, we recommend preparing small batches of this homemade baking powder every time and adding it to your dishes!
Why should you prepare your homemade baking powder?
Baking powder is an important ingredient in every recipe. Let’s see some of the advantages of preparing baking powder at home:
- You make sure that you will never again run out of baking powder just as you are about to prepare your favorite recipe.
- This homemade baking powder is free from any possible harsh chemicals commonly found in store-bought baking powders.
- It makes your cakes and pastries light and fluffy, just like you get from the store-bought baking powders or even better!
- Also, when you prepare your homemade baking powder, you can be assured of hygiene and cleanliness.
- You can save some money by preparing this homemade baking powder and enjoy every flavorful savory with no guilt!
Wasn’t this recipe for preparing your homemade baking powder super easy?