Hey guys! Today I bring you a oh my gosh this is so cool giveaway (hint it’s at the bottom) and a super awesome how to, like the type of how to that you can use to wow everybody at your next party, how to make a cheeseboard!! This is super easy, literally no cook recipe and FULL of delicious bits + some sweet treats too because well this is a dessert blog after all (and I needed a excuse to eat more cookies)
I usually spend most of my time around here talking about my love for sprinkles, and chocolate and cupcakes so you probably don’t have an idea of how much of a cheese lover I am, seriously guys I could survive on cupcakes and cheeses. I’m that kind of person that can eat cheese with pasta, yes in that order because it’s like 3/4 parts cheese and 1/4 part pasta, and I can’t stop thinking about how the 2 most important things of my wedding are going to be, yes you guessed it: cheese and desserts because really who cares about the flowers? they are not edible!
Jokes aside, I’m kind of a cheese head so when I’m craving salty things I opt for cheese slices and when I’m planning a special date? Cheese!! and when planning a low key evening watching a movie? Cheese!! I could continue for days and nights talking about all the places this cheeseboard could come in handy but I’m not going to bore you with that I’m pretty sure you already have a couple of options in your head *cough Thanksgiving cough *
In this case I made this cheeseboard to watch a movie (btw if you are looking for something to watch you REALLY need to see Burnt in the cinema!!) so I needed enough nibbles to last me trough the whole show and not just the trailers (the struggle is real)
How to make a cheeseboard
Every respectable cheeseboard needs to have a couple of things
- 2 cheeses
- 1 spreadable
- something sweet
- charcuterie or fresh fruit
This is the formula that I use every single time that I’m making a cheeseboard and it works wonders. this doesn’t mean that you need to use the exact same things all the time or that if you don’t have 2 cheeses on hand your cheeseboard is going to suck, but it’s a pretty good rule of thumb
I made this a bit special and added some more things that the ones that I listed above, but like I told you all about making a cheeseboard is having fun, enjoying the process and using the weird things that have too much time in your fridge in a fancy way
How to make a cheeseboard (carmela pop style aka this one)
- I used 3 cheeses Castello Hohlankase Classic (yes that cheese has a fancy name), Castello Organic Cream Cheese with Garlic and Castello Aged Havarti + I also used some Castello Blue Cheese that I put on the side (MOST DELICIOUS THING EVER!)
- For the spreadable I choose a spicy plum jam
- crackers like normal crackers this doesn’t need explanation because well crackers
- Dark chocolate, honey and cookies (because I love eating sweet cookies with cheese maybe I’m weird)
- Creme brulee nuts, (I feel posh writing that) that went with the Parisian theme of our movie night
And that was it, super easy, literally ready in something less than 5 minutes and SO DELICIOUS!!!
Now to the good part!! The giveaway!
Prizes (because we all know the first thing that needs to be said about a giveaway are the prizes)
- A year worth of Castello cheese (please become my bff if you win pleeeease)
- A private cooking class for 2!
- More fun things that I’m not going to tell you so you have to jump over them and participate!
You can enter the sweepstakes here and #UnlockYourChef