I have a thing for iced coffee, especially when it’s hot outside, and the sun is shining and the day looks perfect to go for picnics and lake trips. So what a girl with a passion for iced coffee can do to take her love to the net frozen level? Make Iced Coffee Ice Cream!!
Guys, you have to make this recipe, like totally go to the store to buy Iced Coffee Mocha from International Delight and make this recipe ASAP. Seriously, right now, because it’s so good I can’t believe I never thought of making this before.
Making homemade ice cream is one of those things that sound super challenging and scary, but it’s not super complicated, and the result is totally worth it.
How to Iced Coffee Ice Cream
1. Start with a delicious base: The most important thing for having a delicious ice cream flavor is starting with a good base, so if you want to make a strawberry ice cream you need to start with good quality and flavorful berries. So in this case that we are making iced coffee ice cream we need to start with an out of this world good iced coffee. I always advise going with International Delight Iced Coffee because it’s creamy and flavorful and makes a thick ice cream which is what we are going after. The guys at International Delight have a couple of flavors available, but I went with Mocha because a hint of chocolate makes everything better right? I also bought the light one that has a 1/3 fewer calories.
2. Pick your method: After you have your super delicious base at hand you need to choose a plan to make your ice cream. There are aa lot of hacks and ways to do it, but I decide to go with an ice cream machine because it makes everything easier. However, you could use a plastic bag and sea salt or just mix your ice cream in the freezer from time to time. If you are feeling extra lazy, you could also make Iced Coffee Pops and call it a day.
And yes, that’s it! You only need to keep in mind those two things to make your Iced Coffee Ice cream, incredibly right? And trust me when I say, you want to make a big batch of this because everyone will ask for seconds (or thirds)
Looking for more refreshing recipes? Check this one for Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- 2 1/2 Cups International Delight Iced Coffee
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 ounce cream cheese
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- Place 1/4 cup of the International Delight Iced Coffee and mix it with the cornstarch until they are smoothly combined. Place into a saucepan over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Make sure all the rest of ingredients are cold before start working with them.
- In another bowl mix the cream cheese with the sugar and the heavy cream until smooth.
- Incorporate the International Delight Iced Coffee and add the cornstarch mix.
- Continue mixing for 1 more minute or until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour into your ice cream machine and follow the directions.
- Serve an enjoy
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.