Remember that I told you I was crafting a recipe for lavender cupcakes? Well, my friends! it was faster than expected and it is right here! Truth is this has been one of my favorite cupcakes so far and taking into consideration they have been battling with my famous Oreo cupcakes and the uber popular peanut butter cupcakes that’s not a small feat.
Truth is, I knew I had to make this recipe after I found some lavender extract and made some seriously delicious lavender frosting. While lavender frosting is so delicious on its own and it’s the perfect filling for cookie sandwiches I really knew that I had to make something with even more lavender flair.
So here is where it was difficult: how can I add more lavender flavor without making it taste like soap? Enter the lavender sugar. Infused sugars are one of my favorite things to keep on hand. They are a quick way to add a layer of delicate flavor to any treat, they are the perfect pair to a good coffee and they make a beautiful gift, but best of all they are pretty simple to make at home.
To make lavender sugar you just need to mix some good quality sugar with some lavender flowers and let it sit in a dark place for a month, you can so buy it done if you want it ASAP. Once you have your lavender sugar you are right in your way for baking the most delicious lavender cupcakes in planet Earth.
So instead of adding lavender extract to my cupcake I kept it with some vanilla and then swapped out the sugar for lavender sugar. And it’s full of flavor in the best possible way. You give the first bite and immediately feel like if you were sitting in a chic Parisian cafe indulging in desserts.
So this is super fluffy lavender infused cupcake + pastel lavender frosting = lavender cupcakes that will lit your heart with happiness.
You can find the lavender frosting recipe here
- ¾ Cup flour
- ½ Cup lavender infused sugar
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup water
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup butter
- Lavender Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 6 cupcake liners.
- In a bowl mix the butter and the sugar, and the vanilla and the egg and continue mixing.
- In 2 additions add the flour, baking powder, and water and mix until the batter is shiny.
- Divide the batter between the 6 cupcake liners and take to the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done.
- Let them cool until they are no longer hot to the touch
- Whip up the frosting and decorate your cupcakes.