Lately, I’ve been on a candy high. I bought a huge bag of bite sized chocolate bars and so far it has been the best/worst desition I could ever make.
I really believe there’s something about bite sized candies that may then taste better than the regular sized ones so in order to make something good with them (besides eating them out of the bag like if there was no tomorrow) I decided to include them in one of my cupcake recipes and OH MY GOSH!
These Milky Way Cupcakes are one of those things you need in your life like seriously need.
They are also a mashup of amazing flavors and textures you get the fluffy cupcake, the chewy caramel, the soft creamy chocolate, the buttery frosting and then the chocolaty Milky Way on top.
It’s like your senses are in override in the best possible way and you just need to have another bite of Milky Way Cupcakes.
I made them with Milky Ways because those were the chocolate candies that I had left in my bag, but you could use your favorite ones.
I tried them once with Snickers and my friends are still talking about them, so those are really good too, just in case you want to mix things up a bit.
To fill the Milky Way Cupcakes just place a complete bite size chocolate inside the cupcake before baking them.
If you are feeling like taking things to the next level then add 1 and a half chocolate for every cupcake, they will be overflowing with caramel and deliciousness and making your day a million times better.
How to Decorate Milky Way Cupcakes
While placing a huge chocolate candy on top is pretty cool and drool worthy I wanted to make it look a little bit more put together, so I cut in half the chocolate.
In my opinion, it even looks artistic + you get to see the delicious caramel filling that’s an integral part of these cupcakes.
For the frosting, I used the Vanilla Frosting + 2 Tbsp of cacao powder.
- 1½ Cup chopped chocolate
- ⅔ Cup cacao powder
- 1½ Cup hot coffee
- 1½ Cup flour
- 1½ Cup sugar
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 2/4 Cup melted butter
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tsp vanilla
- 24 Bite Size Milky Way Chocolates
- Milky Way Bite Size Chcoolate to Top
- In a bowl mix the chocolate and the cacao, add the hot coffee and continue mixing until everything is melted and well incorporated. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In another bowl mix the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Pour the chocolate mixture and continue mixing until the batter is shiny
- Slowly add the sugar, flour, and baking powder, mixing until everything is well incorporated and there are no lumps left
- Divide the mixture between the 24 cupcake liners. Dip 1 Milky way into each cupcake and bake for 15/20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and from the pan and let them cool until they are no longer hot to the touch
- Decorate them with the frosting and the chocolates.
- Serve and enjoy