Looking for a delightful and easy-to-make drink recipe? Look no further than the Olive Garden Green Apple Sangria!
This refreshing fall-inspired sangria combines the sweetness of Moscato wine with tangy pineapple juice and Granny Smith apple puree.
It’s a fantastic choice for gatherings or simply enjoying a tasty beverage at home. With its vibrant flavors and simple preparation, this sangria is sure to be a hit.
So grab your ingredients, mix it up, and get ready to savor the deliciousness of Olive Garden’s Green Apple Sangria. Let’s get sipping!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Delicious and Refreshing Flavor: The combination of Moscato wine, pineapple juice, and green apple puree or Apple Pucker creates a delightful and refreshing flavor profile. The sweet and crisp notes of the Moscato, the tanginess of pineapple juice, and the tartness of green apple come together to form a well-balanced and enjoyable taste. It’s a perfect blend of fruity and slightly tart flavors, making it a great choice for those who appreciate a refreshing and flavorful drink.
- Easy to Make: This recipe is incredibly simple and doesn’t require extensive preparation or complicated techniques. With just three main ingredients and a few additional fruit slices, you can quickly mix up a batch of this sangria. It’s a fantastic option for those who want a fuss-free and quick beverage to serve at gatherings or enjoy at home. The simplicity of the recipe makes it accessible to both experienced and novice home bartenders.
- Versatile and Customizable: While the recipe provides specific ingredients, it also offers alternatives. If you can’t find the green apple puree, you can substitute it with Sour Apple Pucker Liquor. This versatility allows individuals to adapt the recipe based on their preferences or ingredient availability. Additionally, you can experiment with different fruit variations, such as adding raspberries, blackberries, or other fruits of your choice. This adaptability enables people to personalize the sangria to suit their tastes and create unique flavor combinations.
Overall, the Olive Garden Green Apple Sangria recipe offers a delicious, easy-to-make, and customizable beverage that is sure to please those who enjoy fruity and refreshing drinks.
What ingredients do you need to make this Olive Garden Green Apple Sangria recipe:
- Moscato: Moscato is a type of sweet white wine known for its fruity and floral aromas. It is made from the Muscat grape variety and is typically lower in alcohol content compared to other wines. Moscato has a light and refreshing character with flavors of peach, apricot, and citrus. It pairs well with fruity ingredients and adds a touch of sweetness to the sangria.
- Pineapple Juice: Pineapple juice is a tropical fruit juice made from extracting the liquid from ripe pineapples. It has a sweet and tangy taste with a vibrant tropical flavor profile. Pineapple juice adds a refreshing and slightly acidic element to the sangria, balancing out the sweetness and providing a tropical twist.
- Granny Smith Apple Puree or Apple Pucker: Granny Smith apples are a tart and crisp variety of apple commonly used in cooking and baking. In the recipe, Granny Smith apple puree or Apple Pucker (a sour apple liqueur) is used to infuse the sangria with the distinctive green apple flavor. Granny Smith apples have a bright, tart taste that adds a refreshing and slightly tangy note to the drink.
- Ice: Ice is not an ingredient per se, but it plays a crucial role in the preparation of the sangria. Adding ice to the glass helps to chill the drink, making it more refreshing and enjoyable, especially during hot weather. The ice also helps to dilute the sangria slightly, balancing the flavors and preventing the drink from becoming overly sweet or strong.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are a sweet and juicy berry fruit with a vibrant red color. They add a burst of natural sweetness, as well as a hint of tartness, to the sangria. The strawberries also contribute to the visual appeal of the drink, making it more visually enticing.
- Orange Slices: Orange slices are used to provide a citrusy and refreshing element to the sangria. Oranges have a bright and zesty flavor that complements the other fruity components of the drink. The orange slices also add a touch of vibrant color and a hint of aromatic citrus aroma.
- Green Apple Slices: Green apple slices, preferably Granny Smith apples, are used as a garnish in the sangria. They not only enhance the visual presentation of the drink with their crisp and vibrant green color but also provide a subtle apple flavor when sipped alongside the beverage. The green apple slices can be enjoyed as a refreshing snack after finishing the drink.
These ingredients come together to create a flavorful and enticing Green Apple Sangria with a perfect balance of sweetness, tartness, and refreshing fruitiness.
Tips for making this sangria ahead of time
- Pre-Mix the Base: You can pre-mix the base of the sangria by combining the chilled Moscato, pineapple juice, and Granny Smith apple puree (or Apple Pucker) in a large pitcher. Stir the ingredients well to ensure they are fully combined. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate the base until you’re ready to serve. This way, you can have the majority of the sangria prepared in advance, saving time when it comes to serving.
- Prepare Fruit in Advance: Slice the strawberries, orange slices, and green apple slices ahead of time. Place the fruit in separate airtight containers or resealable bags and store them in the refrigerator. By prepping the fruit in advance, you can easily assemble the sangria by adding the pre-cut fruit to each glass or pitcher when it’s time to serve.
- Chill the Glassware: If you know you’ll be serving the sangria later, you can chill the glasses in the refrigerator or freezer beforehand. This step helps keep the drink colder for longer, enhancing the overall enjoyment. Just make sure to remove the glasses from the freezer with a few minutes to spare before serving to prevent them from being too frosty.
- Keep Ice Separate: While the recipe suggests pouring the sangria over ice cubes in each glass, you can also keep the ice separate. Instead of adding ice to the pitcher, store it in a separate container or ice bucket. When you’re ready to serve, allow guests to add ice to their own glasses, ensuring the sangria doesn’t become diluted if it sits out for an extended period.
- Garnish Freshly: The green apple slices used for garnish are best added just before serving to maintain their crispness and vibrant color. Slice the green apples in advance, but hold off on placing them in the glasses or pitcher until you’re ready to serve. This way, the apples will retain their freshness and add an appealing visual touch to the sangria.
By following these make-ahead tips, you can streamline the preparation process and have a delicious Green Apple Sangria ready to serve with minimal effort when your guests arrive.
Variations and substitutions
- Wine Variations: While the original recipe calls for Moscato wine, you can experiment with different types of white wine to create unique flavor profiles. For example, you could try using a crisp and dry Sauvignon Blanc for a more citrusy and herbal taste, or a slightly sweeter Riesling for a fruit-forward and aromatic sangria.
- Fruit Variations: Feel free to customize the fruit selection based on your preferences or what’s in season. You can add other berries like raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries for added sweetness and color. Additionally, consider incorporating tropical fruits like mango, kiwi, or passion fruit to infuse the sangria with a more exotic twist.
- Sweetener Substitutions: If you prefer a sweeter sangria, you can add a sweetener of your choice. Instead of the Granny Smith apple puree or Apple Pucker, you can use simple syrup, honey, agave nectar, or a flavored syrup like raspberry or vanilla to enhance the sweetness. Adjust the amount of sweetener according to your taste preference.
- Liqueur Substitutions: If you can’t find Granny Smith apple puree or Apple Pucker, there are alternative liqueurs you can use to impart a sour apple flavor. Consider using sour apple schnapps, apple-flavored brandy, or even a green apple vodka. The specific brand and variety you choose can influence the level of sweetness and tartness in the sangria.
- Sparkling Variation: For a fizzy twist, you can add a splash of sparkling water or club soda to the sangria just before serving. This will give it a bubbly effervescence and make it even more refreshing. Adjust the amount of sparkling water according to your preference for carbonation.
- Herb Infusion: To add an herbal note to the sangria, consider infusing the mixture with fresh herbs. Mint, basil, or rosemary can complement the fruity flavors and add a unique aromatic touch. Simply muddle a few leaves of your chosen herb in the pitcher before adding the other ingredients, allowing the flavors to blend.
Remember to taste and adjust the ingredients based on your personal preferences as you experiment with these variations and substitutions.
Have fun exploring different flavor combinations to create a Green Apple Sangria that suits your taste preferences and the ingredients available to you.
Olive Garden Green Apple Sangria
- 1 Bottle moscato wine
- 3/4 Cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 Cup granny smith apple puree
- 1/2 Cup strawberries or raspberries
- 1/2 Cup orange sliced
- 1/2 Cup green apple sliced
- Combine the Moscato with the pineapple juice and apple pure.
- Add the fruit and stir to combine.
- Once you are ready to serve fill the pitcher with ice, stir and pour into glasses.