This pasta Davinci recipe is the best pasta recipe you’ll make! It’s a Pasta Da Vinci copycat recipe that’s just like the one from the Cheesecake Factory!
Indulge in the exquisite flavors of the Cheesecake Factory’s Pasta Davinci with this delightful copycat recipe. This creamy and savory pasta dish features tender chicken, earthy mushrooms, and a luscious sauce that will transport your taste buds to a restaurant-quality experience right in your home.
The combination of Marsala wine, sour cream, and heavy cream creates a rich and velvety sauce that coats each strand of penne perfectly.
Whether you’re looking to impress guests or simply craving a comforting and flavorful meal, this Pasta Davinci recipe is a surefire way to satisfy your pasta cravings with its irresistible blend of ingredients and mouthwatering taste.
Get ready to savor every delicious bite and enjoy the Cheesecake Factory experience from the comfort of your kitchen.
Why you’ll love this Pasta Davinci recipe
Three are three main reasons why you’ll love this Pasta Davinci recipe:
- Rich and Creamy Sauce: The combination of sour and heavy cream creates a luscious and velvety sauce that coats the penne pasta. The flavors are further enhanced by the caramelized onions, mushrooms, and Marsala wine, giving the sauce an indulgent and satisfying depth of flavor.
- Versatile and Customizable: This recipe allows for customization based on personal preferences. You can adjust the amount of mushrooms to your liking or even substitute them with different types of mushrooms such as Morel or Shiitake. Tossing the chicken in flour adds texture to the dish, but it can be omitted for a lighter version.
- Restaurant-Quality Copycat: Pasta Davinci is a popular dish at The Cheesecake Factory, and this copycat recipe allows you to recreate that same delicious experience at home. You can impress your family and friends with a homemade version of this restaurant favorite, enjoying the flavors and comfort of a Cheesecake Factory meal without leaving your kitchen.
What ingredients do you need to make this recipe
- Olive Oil: This versatile oil is used for sautéing chicken breasts and vegetables, adding a rich and smooth texture to the dish. It also imparts a subtle fruity flavor, enhancing the overall taste of the recipe.
- Chicken Breasts: Boneless and skinless, the chicken breasts are the star protein of the dish. They are tender and juicy and absorb the flavors of the Marsala wine and creamy sauce, making each bite delightful and satisfying.
- Ground Pepper: Adding a touch of heat and mild spiciness, ground pepper provides a subtle kick to the dish. It complements the other flavors and enhances the overall taste profile of the pasta Davinci.
- Salt: A staple seasoning in cooking, salt brings out the ingredients’ natural flavors, ensuring a well-balanced taste in each bite. It helps enhance the dish’s savory elements and contributes to its overall deliciousness.
- All-Purpose Flour (optional): The flour can coat the chicken before sautéing, providing a light and crispy texture to the meat. It adds a subtle layer of flavor and can help to thicken the sauce if desired.
- Butter: Adding butter adds richness and a creamy mouthfeel to the sauce. It helps to create a smooth and velvety texture while imparting a luscious flavor that complements the other ingredients.
- Red Onion: Diced red onion adds sweetness and a mild onion flavor to the dish. It caramelizes beautifully when simmered, contributing to the depth of flavors in the pasta Davinci.
- Morel or Shiitake Mushrooms: Sliced and cooked to perfection, these mushrooms bring an earthy and meaty flavor. They add a wonderful texture and enhance the overall umami profile, making the pasta Davinci more satisfying and delicious.
- Garlic: Crushed garlic cloves release their aromatic oils when cooked, infusing the dish with a tantalizing aroma and adding a bold and savory taste to the sauce. It complements the other ingredients and elevates the overall flavor profile.
- Marsala Wine or Madeira: Including Marsala wine or Madeira provides a rich and distinct flavor to the dish. The wine adds a subtle sweetness and a complex depth, enhancing the savory elements and creating a delightful sauce that coats the pasta and chicken.
- Sour Cream: The sour cream contributes a tangy and creamy element to the sauce, balancing the flavors and adding a luscious texture. It enhances the dish’s richness and brings a touch of indulgence to each bite.
- Heavy Cream: Adding a luxurious and velvety texture, heavy cream enriches the sauce, making it smooth, creamy, and decadent. It enhances the flavors of the other ingredients and provides a luxurious mouthfeel.
- Cold Butter: Adding cold butter at the end of the cooking process helps enrich and thicken the sauce. It adds a glossy finish and contributes to the overall richness and creaminess of the pasta Davinci.
- Penne: The choice of pasta in this recipe, penne, is a tubular pasta shape that holds the creamy sauce well. The ridges and hollow body trap the sauce, ensuring each bite is flavorful. The penne pasta adds a satisfying and comforting element to the dish.
Customizations and substitutions for this Pasta Davinci recipe
- Protein: While the recipe calls for chicken breasts, you can customize it using other proteins such as shrimp, beef, or tofu. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure proper cooking.
- Vegetables: Feel free to experiment with different vegetables based on your preferences or what you have on hand. Add bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus, or broccoli to the dish. Just ensure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to maintain the desired texture.
- Wine Substitute: If you prefer not to use Marsala wine or Madeira, substitute it with chicken or vegetable broth, white wine, or even balsamic vinegar mixed with sugar or honey to provide a sweet and tangy flavor.
- Cream Variations: To lighten the dish, you can substitute the heavy cream with half-and-half or a combination of milk and Greek yogurt. This will result in a slightly lighter sauce while still maintaining creaminess.
- Gluten-Free Option: For those following a gluten-free diet, you can substitute all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour or a combination of cornstarch and rice flour to coat the chicken or to thicken the sauce.
- Pasta Alternatives: If you prefer a different type of pasta, you can substitute penne with other varieties like fettuccine, linguine, or farfalle. Choose a pasta shape that holds the sauce well and complements the dish’s creamy texture.
- Seasonings: While the recipe calls for salt and pepper, feel free to incorporate other seasonings and herbs, such as Italian seasoning, paprika, or dried thyme, to add extra depth and flavor to the dish.
- Cheese Topping: If desired, sprinkle grated Parmesan or Romano cheese over the pasta Davinci before serving. This adds a nutty and savory element that pairs well with the creamy sauce.
Adjust cooking times, quantities, and flavors according to your preferences and dietary needs. These customizations and substitutions can help personalize the dish and cater to different tastes and dietary restrictions.
How to refrigerate, freeze and thaw
- Allow the pasta Davinci to cool down to room temperature.
- Transfer the dish to an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place the container in the refrigerator.
- The pasta Davinci can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
- Allow the pasta Davinci to cool completely.
- Portion the dish into individual servings or a larger container for freezing.
- Wrap the container tightly with plastic wrap or place the individual servings in freezer-safe bags.
- Label the container or bags with the date and contents.
- Place the container or bags in the freezer.
- The pasta Davinci can be frozen for up to 2-3 months.
- Transfer the frozen pasta Davinci from the freezer to the refrigerator.
- Allow it to thaw overnight or for approximately 24 hours.
- Once thawed, reheat the dish thoroughly before serving.
- If reheating in the microwave, heat in short intervals, stirring in between, until heated through.
- If reheating on the stovetop, place the pasta Davinci in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated.
- Add a splash of cream or broth if needed to restore moisture.
Note: It’s important to note that the texture and quality of the pasta may slightly change after freezing and thawing. The dish may become softer, but the flavors should still be delicious.
What to serve with this Pasta Davinci recipe
Here are some delicious options to serve alongside Pasta Davinci:
- Garlic Bread: Crusty bread slices brushed with garlic-infused butter and toasted until golden brown. It’s a classic and flavorful accompaniment to pasta dishes.
- Green Salad: A refreshing green salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing. The crispness of the salad provides a nice contrast to the creamy pasta.
- Roasted Vegetables: Seasonal roasted vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus, or broccoli. Toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast until tender and caramelized for a healthy and flavorful side dish.
- Bruschetta: Slices of crusty bread topped with diced tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. It adds a burst of freshness and tanginess to complement the richness of the pasta.
- Caesar Salad: A classic Caesar salad with crisp romaine lettuce, homemade croutons, shaved Parmesan cheese, and a creamy Caesar dressing. Its bold flavors and crunchy texture pair well with the creamy pasta.
- Grilled Vegetables: Seasonal vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, eggplant, and onions, lightly brushed with olive oil, grilled to perfection, and seasoned with herbs. The smoky char and natural sweetness of the vegetables complement the pasta nicely.
- Italian Antipasto Platter: A platter filled with cured meats, olives, marinated vegetables, cheeses, and crusty bread. It’s an excellent option for those who enjoy a variety of flavors and textures alongside their pasta.
These side dishes add variety, freshness, and complementary flavors to enhance your dining experience with Pasta Davinci. Feel free to mix and match based on your preferences and dietary restrictions.
Pasta Davinci Recipe: The Cheesecake Factory Copycat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Ground pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour optional
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 pound Morel or Shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup Marsala wine or Madeira
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 pound penne pasta
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes and season with salt and pepper. If desired, toss in flour for added texture.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 8 minutes, tossing occasionally, until nearly cooked through. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add diced onions and cook slowly until caramelized, stirring often to prevent burning. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and crushed garlic to the skillet and sauté until the mushrooms soften and start to brown.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and use a spatula to scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. This adds tremendous flavor to the sauce. Let the wine bubble gently for about 5 minutes.
- While the wine reduces, cook the penne pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the sour cream and heavy cream to the skillet, stirring until melted. Swirl in the cold butter until melted as well. Add the cooked chicken back to the pan.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked penne pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!