Enjoy the comfort of restaurant-style food at home with this easy-to-make copycat recipe of Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken.
This budget-friendly meal features chicken breasts filled with a rich blend of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, dry Ranch seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce, baked until golden brown.
If you’re a fan of the signature dish at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, you can now relish its deliciousness without leaving your home.
The recipe is simple and comes close to the original version. The chicken breast is juicy and filled with creamy, cheesy goodness that your entire family will love.
The best part is that making your restaurant favorites at home doesn’t have to be complicated, and this chicken recipe is a classic example.
The preparation time is quick and easy, only requiring 10 minutes of active time, followed by 30 minutes of oven roasting. The result is tender chicken with a delectable cheese filling.
Wondering what makes the filling so sumptuous? It combines cream cheese, shredded cheddar, dry Ranch seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce, all mixed to create a mass that’s then stuffed into the butterflied chicken breast.
The result is the well-known Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken, baked to tender perfection.
Are you ready to make this delicious copycat recipe at home? Let’s get started!
Want to make Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken in just 30 minutes?
You’re halfway there with six simple ingredients, plus salt and pepper!
This accessible copycat recipe features butterflied chicken breasts stuffed with a Ranch-flavored cheesy mixture, offering delicious comfort food flavors. The recipe is straightforward and only takes a few minutes of hands-on time to prepare.
To make this recipe, you’ll need boneless chicken breasts with the skin on, preferably of similar size, to ensure even cooking.
Pat them dry with a paper towel to help the seasoning adhere better. You’ll also need full-fat cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp), dry Ranch seasoning mix (one 1-ounce packet or ⅓ cup of homemade DIY Ranch seasoning), Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Combine all the ingredients in a small mason jar for the DIY Ranch seasoning mix. Use ⅓ cup of the mixture for the recipe and store the rest in an airtight jar in the pantry.
When making the recipe, be sure to pull the cream cheese out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before using it to allow it to soften at room temperature.
Then, mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Ranch seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce to create the stuffing mixture. After stuffing the chicken breasts, sprinkle them with paprika, salt, and pepper before baking.
By following these easy steps, you’ll have a delicious Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken dish in no time!
Follow these easy steps to prepare a delicious copycat Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken that will leave everyone craving more! This recipe comes together in just three main stages:
Step one: Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Step two: Prepare the filling. Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, Ranch seasoning mix, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium mixing bowl. Divide the mixture in half and roll each with your hands to form a log, tapered on the ends.
Step three: Stuff the chicken. Pat dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel. Hold the chicken breast with your non-dominant hand and slice it lengthwise with a sharp knife, creating a pocket without cutting through the chicken breast. Stuff one cream cheese log into each pocket and then close the chicken breast.
- Season the top.
- Combine the salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle evenly over the tops of the chicken breasts.
Step five: Bake. Arrange the stuffed chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Once the chicken is fully cooked, please remove it from the oven and let it sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes for the juices and cheese to settle. Then transfer to a plate or platter and serve.
This chicken dish pairs well with a side salad and a simple vinaigrette or vegetable like asparagus. You can also serve it with stove-top macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, or your favorite rice to satisfy that comfort food craving.
Nutritional Information for Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Breast
This recipe makes four servings, with each serving containing the following:
- 502 calories
- 36g protein
- 32g fat
- 18g total carbohydrates
- 1g fiber
Please keep in mind that substituting ingredients can affect the nutritional value. If you make any changes, we recommend using a nutrition app like My Fitness Pal to recalculate the nutritional information accordingly.
How do you keep the stuffed chicken from drying out?
- Don’t overcook the chicken: Overcooking is the most common cause of dry chicken. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C), which is the safe temperature for cooked chicken.
- Use a marinade: Marinating the chicken before cooking can add moisture and flavor to the meat. You can use a simple marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs or a more complex marinade with wine or vinegar.
- Use a meat mallet: Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness to promote cooking and prevent dryness.
- Add moisture to the stuffing: Adding a little chicken broth or melted butter can help keep the chicken moist.
- Use a pan sauce: After cooking the chicken, deglaze the pan with a liquid like chicken broth or wine, and then whisk in some butter to create a rich pan sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken to add moisture and flavor.
Copycat Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning mix 1-oz or ⅓ of the DIY mix listed below
- 3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
DIY Ranch Seasoning Mix:
- 1 1/2 ounces buttermilk powder
- 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, seasoning mix, and Worcestershire sauce together until well combined. Divide the mixture in half and roll each half with your hands to form a log, tapered on the ends.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each chicken breast lengthwise to create a pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side. Stuff one cream cheese log into each pocket and use toothpicks to hold the breast meat in place (optional).
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and paprika. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tops of the chicken breasts.
- Arrange the stuffed chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Frequently asked questions about stuffed chicken
Use a meat thermometer: To ensure the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should reach 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part.
Secure the stuffing: When stuffing the chicken breast, secure the opening with toothpicks or kitchen twine. This will prevent the filling from falling out and help the chicken cook more evenly.
Leave a Reply