This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars, Incorporated.
All opinions are mine alone.
#CallAnEatible #SkittlesHomegating #CollectiveBias
There are things that I love like cupcakes, frosting, Skittles®, and football. So obviously when this football season comes around the corner I obviously have to make something to celebrate it, which means invite some friends over and mage a giant Skittles® cupcakes spread which looks like the rainbow and it’s the best thing to snack on while watching a game.
To make them extra fun and colorful I went with everything I had in my baking arsenal which means a whole lot of colorful frosting and all the Skittles candies aI could find.
These cupcakes are easy; they are mind blowing delicious, and best of all they are beautiful and make a real impact in your party or get together.
There are also a couple of hacks that my opinion come in really useful when making these Skittles Cupcakes for the game time:
Bake the cupcakes ahead of time and then freeze them!
Freezing cupcakes is really easy and they defrost really one + this recipe that I’m sharing today is freezer friendly, so that’s extra handy.
Buy a lot of Skittles
And snack on them while baking and decorating, then buy some more to make sure you have enough to decorate your cupcakes.
Whip up a fluffy and creamy frosting
And use good quality food coloring to get the bright pops of color that match the best candy (ahem: Skittles)
To make the spread I went with a classic rainbow when organizing them because there’s nothing more magical than a rainbow. But if you want to stick with only our team colors you can pick the Skittles® that match them and then only use them as a topping + make the frosting in only those colors.
Seriously, what else can show your support for your team than a cupcake spread with their colors? Nothing my friend, nothing.
I purchased the Skittles® in the candy aisle of Kroger, they have this new bag that comes with a 10% extra that I loved because more candy is always better and more candy makes me happy, and there’s nothing quite like knowing you have a 10% more of your favorite Skittles®. They have some super fun and creative displays at stores, so they are spottable my friend.
And talking about Skittles® and their magic and how beautiful Skittles® cupcakes are brings me to the next thing: They have the best sweepstakes ever!
And that’s it: home gaming just got way more colorful and delicious!
- 1½ Cup flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 6 Tbsp butter
- ¾ Cup sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup milk
- For the frosting:
- Vanilla frosting divided between 5 bowls
- 2 drops orange food coloring
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 drops purple food coloring
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 Bag of Original Skittles
- Preheat the oven to 30 degrees. Line a mini cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a bowl whip up the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one and a time, and the vanilla and keep beating until incorporated.
- Add the baking powder and half of the flour. Mix in the milk and add the rest of the flour.
- Keep mixing for 2 more minutes or until everything is well incorporated.
- With a spoon divide the batter between the 24 cupcake liners and take to the oven. bake for 12 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven take out from the cupcake pan and let them cool until they are no longer hot to the touch.
- Meanwhile, add the drops of food coloring to each bowl to create your rainbow frosting.
- Fill 5 piping bags with the frosting and decorate your cupcakes.
- Top with Skittles. Serve and enjoy the game!