Recreate the iconic flavor of Smashburger’s irresistible burgers at home with our easy-to-follow Smash Sauce copycat recipe.
This tangy and creamy condiment perfectly complements the crispy, thin patties, elevating your homemade burgers to a new level.
Get ready to enjoy the spicy goodness of Smash Sauce in just a few simple steps. Let’s dive in and discover the secret behind this delicious sauce!
What’s a Smashsauce
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, “Smashsauce” is not a widely known or established condiment or sauce. It could be a regional or local specialty, a name used by a specific restaurant or chef, or a new creation after my last update.
However, it’s worth noting that Smashburger, a popular fast-casual burger chain, is known for its signature “Smash Sauce.”
The description provided in our conversation aligns with the sauce served by Smashburger with their burgers.
Smash Sauce is a mayonnaise-based condiment with a tangy flavor profile, often made with prepared yellow mustard, pickle juice, and chopped dill pickles, among other ingredients.
If “Smashsauce” is a different or newer sauce or condiment that has emerged since my last update, I wouldn’t have any information about it.
It’s always possible that new recipes and food trends have emerged beyond my last knowledge update, so I recommend checking with up-to-date sources or searching online for the most current information on “Smashsauce.”
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Authentic Smashburger Experience: The Smash Sauce recipe captures the essence of the iconic Smashburger experience. With its creamy texture and tangy flavor profile, this sauce complements the crispy, thin patties that make Smashburgers stand out from traditional burgers. By replicating the same sauce used by the restaurant, people can recreate the beloved Smashburger taste at home.
- Customizable Flavor: While the recipe specifies using prepared yellow mustard, it leaves room for experimentation. With people having strong opinions about their preferred mustard type, classic French yellow mustard or French dijon-style mustard, this recipe allows individuals to tailor the sauce to their taste preferences. This versatility ensures that everyone can find the perfect balance of tang and creaminess that suits their palate.
- Easy-to-Make and Versatile: The recipe’s simplicity and a short list of ingredients make it incredibly accessible for home cooks of all skill levels. With just a few readily available ingredients and a quick stir, anyone can whip up a batch of Smash Sauce. Moreover, this sauce isn’t limited to burgers alone; it can enhance the flavors of sandwiches, wraps, chicken dishes, and more, making it a versatile condiment used in various culinary creations.
What ingredients do you need to make this recipe?
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise is a creamy and rich condiment made from oil, egg yolks, vinegar or lemon juice, and seasonings. It provides the base for the Smash Sauce, contributing to its luscious texture and mild, tangy flavor. Mayonnaise acts as a binding agent, helping to marry the other ingredients together.
- Yellow Prepared Mustard: Yellow prepared mustard is a smooth and mildly spicy condiment made from ground mustard seeds, vinegar, water, and sometimes turmeric for added color. It adds a distinct tangy and slightly spicy taste to the sauce, cutting through the creaminess of the mayonnaise and providing the characteristic zing associated with classic burger sauces.
- Pickle Juice: Pickle juice is the liquid brine that pickles are soaked in. It adds a tangy and salty taste to the sauce, contributing to its signature acidity. The pickle juice enhances the flavor profile, giving the spice its unique twist and ensuring it complements the savory flavors of the burger patties.
- Chopped Dill Pickle: Dill pickles are cucumbers soaked in a brine or vinegar solution with dill, garlic, and other spices. Chopped dill pickles add texture and a tangy, pickle-y flavor to the sauce. The little bits of pickle add a delightful crunch, enhancing the sauce’s appeal when paired with the crispy crust of the Smashburger patties.
- Vegetable Oil: Vegetable oil is a neutral-flavored oil used to emulsify and bind the ingredients in the sauce. It helps create a smooth and cohesive texture, ensuring all the flavors are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. The oil also contributes to the sauce’s mouthfeel, giving it a silky finish.
Combining these simple yet well-balanced ingredients, the Smash Sauce recipe creates a deliciously creamy and tangy condiment that elevates the Smashburger experience and adds flavor to various dishes.
How to store smash sauce
To store Smash Sauce properly, follow these steps:
- Transfer the Sauce to an Airtight Container: Transfer it into a clean, airtight container once you’ve prepared the Smash Sauce according to the recipe. A glass jar or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid works well for storage.
- Label the Container: To avoid confusion and know when the sauce was made, it’s a good idea to label the container with the date of preparation.
- Refrigerate: Place the airtight container with the Smash Sauce in the refrigerator. The sauce should be stored in the fridge at a temperature of 40°F (4°C) or below.
- Storage Duration: Smash Sauce can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. The flavors will continue to meld and develop during this time, making it even tastier as it sits.
- Shake or Stir Before Use: Before serving or using the sauce, give it a good shake or stir to ensure all the ingredients are well mixed and the flavors are evenly distributed.
Remember to follow standard food safety practices when storing sauces or perishable items. Discard the sauce immediately if you notice any off smells, flavors, or signs of spoilage.
Proper storage helps maintain the quality and safety of the Smash Sauce, allowing you to enjoy its delicious taste for several days.
Serving ideas for this delicious and creamy smash sauce
Smash Sauce is a versatile condiment that can enhance the flavors of various dishes. Here are some serving ideas:
- Burger Topping: The traditional way to enjoy Smash Sauce is as a topping for burgers, especially on homemade Smashburgers or any other burger of your choice. Spread the sauce generously on the bun or drizzle it over the patty to add a creamy and tangy kick to your burger.
- Dipping Sauce: Use Smash Sauce as a dipping sauce for fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, or other fried foods. Its tangy flavor complements the savory and crispy textures of these snacks.
- Sandwiches and Wraps: Incorporate Smash Sauce into sandwiches and wraps as a delicious spread. It pairs well with grilled chicken, turkey, ham, or veggie sandwiches, giving them an extra flavor.
- Chicken Tenders: Serve Smash Sauce as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders or nuggets. The creamy and tangy elements of the sauce nicely complement the chicken’s crispy coating.
- Grilled Vegetables: Use Smash Sauce as a dressing for grilled vegetables. It adds a zesty flavor to the vegetables and can turn a simple veggie platter into a delightful side dish.
- Salad Dressing: Mix Smash Sauce with vinegar or lemon juice to create a tangy salad dressing. For a unique twist, it can be used to dress coleslaw, potato salad, or green salad.
- Breakfast Sandwiches: Elevate your breakfast sandwiches by spreading Smash Sauce. Whether it’s an egg sandwich, a bacon and cheese breakfast burger, or a vegetarian option, the sauce will add a delicious dimension to your morning meal.
- Topping for Grilled Meats: Use Smash Sauce for grilled chicken, pork chops, or steak. It provides a refreshing contrast to the smoky flavors of grilled meats.
- Tacos and Quesadillas: Enhance the taste of tacos and quesadillas by drizzling Smash Sauce. It complements meat and vegetarian fillings, adding a tangy element to the Mexican-inspired dishes.
- Party Dip: Set out a bowl of Smash Sauce as a party dip with snacks like pretzels, tortilla chips, or vegetable sticks. It’s sure to be a hit at any gathering.
Feel free to get creative and experiment with how you use Smash Sauce in your dishes. Its creamy, tangy, and versatile nature makes it a delightful addition to various recipes!
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow prepared mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pickle juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, vegetable oil, mustard and dill pickle juice. Stir well. Add the chopped pickles and give it a good stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving so the flavors marinate.
Frequently asked questions about smash sauce
Smashburger has gained widespread popularity due to its unique burger-making technique. By smashing the ground beef onto the grill or griddle with a spatula, the patties develop a mouth-watering sear on the outside, effectively sealing in all the delicious juices and flavors. This results in a compelling burger experience and helps prevent flare-ups on the grill or griddle, as the reduced surface area minimizes the chances of fat dripping onto the heat source.
A Smashburger refers to a specific burger-making method where the ground beef is firmly pressed onto the grill or griddle using a spatula, causing it to flatten and create a seared crust on the meat’s exterior. This process locks in the juicy goodness and enhances the overall flavor of the burger, making it an enjoyable and sought-after culinary delight.