I’m that people, the one that talks about frosting like if it was a cure-all for everything, but truth is I talk like that because frosting is just what unicorn dreams are made of and we all know that unicorn dreams can cure everything. So after realizing that I just have shared 1 frosting recipe in here, even though is something that I keep stashed on my house I freaked out and decided to whip up the fluffiest frosting of the season, drumroll please, I’m sharing a strawberry frosting recipe
And not any strawberry frosting, this is the perfect all natural, no dyes, not artificial colors just strawberry deliciousness.
That and the fact that it only uses 3 ingredients and that you could pretty much make it without anything else besides a bowl and a spoon make it the best strawberry frosting recipe on the planet.
What to know something else? It’s actually super easy to veganify it! So if you are vegan, just wanting to get rid of dairy, or I don’ know just plain hate the flavor of conventional butter this is the strawberry frosting recipe for you.
Now keeping up with the strawberry frosting (it should have it’s own reality btw)
I’m also deeply in love with the little strawberry freckles that mingle around the frosting. They just make it look so much cuter (and in my opinion, tastier!)
Tips to make the best strawberry frosting recipe in the whole world
- Use strawberry preserve: It has natural little strawberries, just the perfect amount of sweetness and not moisture at all (or very little) moisture in this case is horrible for the frosting because you would need to add a TON of extra confectioners sugar to make it look like some sort of frosting. With preserves, you don’t have to think on that at all.
- Stay away from using fresh fruit: Seriously, fresh fruit is just like Kanye West on the Grammys (when you are Taylor Swift), just run from it ok? Fresh fruits have water, water brings moisture and moisture ruins your frosting.
- Mix vigorously: Guys this is a serious arm workout. So it’s better if you use an electric mixer to do all your frostings. However if you don’t have or just feel to plain lazy to take yours out and plug it then prepare to have a workout sesh with your berries. Think of it as a frosting prepaid plan, you are burning your calories before eating them so you do so without regrets. See this strawberry frosting recipe even takes care of your weight! (well maybe it doesn’t work like that but you get the point)
Tips to make the best vegan strawberry frosting
Like I told you before this strawberry frosting recipe is super easy to make vegan. Actually, just follow the recipe bit by bit ut change the butter for vegan butter and that’s it! I actually made them in both the traditional butter and the vegan butter way and they are just as delicious.
- Use a good quality vegan butter: I find the Earth Balance Butter Sticks to be the best fro making frosting but feel free to pick your favorite one.
- Cool it down baby: In my experience vegan frostings tend to be a little more delicate than traditional frostings so once you whip up your frosting and once it’s placed on the piping bag place it for 10 minutes in the fridge. I find that’s easier to pipe if I do that.
What are your plans for this strawberry frosting recipe?
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup strawberry preserve
- 2 Cups confectioners sugar
- In a bowl mix the butter and the strawberry preserve.
- Add the confectioners sugar and keep mixing until light and fluffy.