This easy-to-follow Texas Roadhouse herb crusted chicken recipe will impress your family and friends. It’s just as good as the original!
The savory, perfectly seasoned chicken will satisfy any craving for hearty, flavorful fare. This recipe is surprisingly simple and quick to prepare, so you can enjoy a restaurant-quality meal without ever leaving home.
Looking for a delicious and easy chicken breast recipe that will impress your taste buds? Look no further than this fantastic Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken!
Not only is it bursting with rich and savory flavors, but this recipe is straightforward to prepare. With just four easy steps, you’ll have a restaurant-quality meal on the table in no time.
And the best part? This herb-crusted chicken is ready in less than thirty minutes, making it the perfect choice for a quick and satisfying weeknight dinner that the whole family will love.
Pair it with equally delicious and healthy sides, such as skillet cornbread, cracked green beans, or honey butter Brussels sprouts. For the ultimate Texas Roadhouse experience, serve it with our famous rolls and cinnamon butter.
Say goodbye to boring chicken dinners and hello to this mouth-watering herb-crusted chicken recipe!
What ingredients do you need?
You won’t need to run to the store for exotic ingredients for this Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken recipe. Everything you need is likely already in your pantry.
To make this dish, you’ll need:
– 2 boneless chicken breasts
– 1 tablespoon each of dried dill, parsley, basil, and oregano
– 1 tablespoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Once you mix up the herb and spice blend and coat your chicken breasts with it, you’ll taste how perfectly the flavors work together to rival the restaurant version.
Another advantage of making this recipe home is that you can easily customize it. Adjust the amounts of each ingredient to match your family’s tastes and preferences. And if you’re concerned about salt and pepper, add more at the end to suit your palate.
Try dipping the chicken in chipotle mayo or serving it with white country gravy for a finishing touch.
How to make herb-crusted chicken
Making this Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken recipe is a breeze; the result is just as good as what you would get at the restaurant. Here’s how to make it:
Step 1: Mix all herbs and seasonings in a bowl. Set aside for later.
Step 2: Tenderize the chicken breasts by covering them with plastic wrap and using a mallet to flatten them to about a ¼ inch thickness. Coat the chicken with the herb crust seasoning on both sides.
STEP 3: Heat oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet. Add the chicken to the pan and fry for 5 minutes per side until the crust is toasted. Then lower the temperature to medium-low and continue cooking for about ten more minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
Once the Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken is perfectly cooked, serve it with your sides and enjoy! You can dip it in chipotle mayo or smother it with white country gravy for extra flavor. Adjust the seasoning to your liking, and add more salt and pepper before serving.
To ensure your Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken is safe to eat, it must reach an internal temperature of 165 ºF. The best way to check this is by using an internal thermometer, which provides the most accurate reading. If you don’t have one, you can cut a small piece of chicken and ensure no pink in the middle.
In just 20 minutes, you can enjoy two servings of this delicious herb-crusted chicken. It’s so flavorful that your family might think you ordered takeout from the restaurant!
Storing crusted herb chicken for later
If you have any leftovers of this flavorful Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken, don’t worry; they can be stored easily for later use. This recipe yields two large servings, but you can double or triple it for more leftovers.
To store the leftovers, put them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3-4 months.
Leftovers are a great way to save time and effort cooking meals, and this herb-crusted chicken recipe is perfect. So go ahead and make a big batch to enjoy throughout the week!
How to reheat it?
Here are some tips on how to reheat Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken:
- Microwave: This is the quickest and easiest method to reheat leftover chicken. Place the chicken on a microwave-safe dish and cover it with a damp paper towel. Heat it on high for 1-2 minutes or until the chicken is heated.
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Place the chicken in an oven-safe dish and cover it with foil. Bake it for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is heated.
- Skillet: Heat a skillet over medium heat and add some oil. Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken and cook it for 2-3 minutes on each side or until heated.
Always use a food thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F before consuming. And avoid reheating the chicken too often, as it can dry out the meat and affect its texture and flavor.
Variations and substitutions
Here are some variations and substitutions you can try for the Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken recipe:
- Change the herbs: You can use different herbs for the seasoning mix, such as thyme, rosemary, or sage.
- Use fresh herbs: If you have fresh herbs on hand, use them instead of dried herbs. Use three times the amount of fresh herbs as the recipe calls for dried.
- Add some heat: Add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the seasoning mix if you like spicy food.
- Use different cuts of chicken: You can use other cuts of chicken, such as thighs or drumsticks, instead of chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Change the cooking method: Instead of pan-frying the chicken, you can bake it in the oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Add some cheese: If you love cheese, sprinkle some grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese on top of the chicken before baking or frying.
- Make it vegetarian: If you want a vegetarian version, use firm tofu instead of chicken and coat it in the same seasoning mix before pan-frying or baking.
Best side dishes and pairings
Many sides would complement the Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken. Here are some suggestions:
- Mashed potatoes: Creamy and buttery mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that pairs well with almost any main course.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, carrots, or Brussels sprouts, add a pop of color and nutrition to your meal.
- Rice pilaf: A fragrant and flavorful rice pilaf is an excellent accompaniment to the herb-crusted chicken.
- Green salad: A light and refreshing green salad with a simple vinaigrette dressing can balance out the richness of the chicken.
- Mac and cheese: If you’re feeling indulgent, creamy and cheesy mac and cheese can be a satisfying and delicious side dish.
- Baked sweet potato: A baked sweet potato topped with a dollop of butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon can provide a lovely contrast to the savory chicken.
- Garlic bread: A warm buttery garlic bread can be a comforting and delicious side dish that pairs well with herb-crusted chicken.
- Coleslaw: A crisp and tangy coleslaw can provide a refreshing balance to the rich and savory chicken.
Texas Roadhouse Herb Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon each of dried dill parsley, basil, and oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix all herbs and seasonings in a bowl. Set aside for later.
- Tenderize the chicken breasts by covering them with plastic wrap and using a mallet to flatten them to about a ¼ inch thickness. Coat the chicken with the herb crust seasoning on both sides.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet. Add the chicken to the pan and fry for 5 minutes per side until the crust is toasted. Then lower the temperature to medium-low and continue cooking for about ten more minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
Frequently asked questions about Texas Roadhouse Herb Crusted Chicken
One serving of Texas Roadhouse Herb Crusted Chicken contains 250 calories.
Leave a Reply