It’s winter, we are still stuck in the middle of one of the coldest months of the year. You know the type of cold that gives you frostbite just when you think of going out and the one that makes you want to curl up in a ball every single day with a huge blanket and a cup of warm tea and a mug cake that has the size of a medium baby. Ugh cold, just go away no one wants you.
But then I remember that the season gives us the perfect excuse to eat all the warm and gooey and sinful treats that during summer don’t feel right (bikini season I’m looking at/ hating you in advance) So we are going to be eating a huge mug cake full of marshmallow, chocolate, cake and frosting goodness, all tucked in one mug of happy warm feelings. Because nothing says I can rock winter like a HUGE roasted marshmallow and a “healthy” dose of chocolate frosting.
This is the season to wear all the pajamas, and the flannel, and the cozy throws and just indulge in treats that make you forget about the outdoors and make you just feel warm inside.
And guys this mug cake makes you feel really loved because it’s perfect and cakey and just tastes like if it came out straight of a bakery.
It’s also a super quick recipe because who wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when there are a lot of reruns to watch? and because washing the dishes when you could be just curled up eating is just sad, and ugly, but more sad than ugly
But what really makes this mug of happy feelings truly awesome is not the fact that it’s overflowing with marshmallow or the fact that you could make it with storebought chocolate frosting, no, what makes it shine is:
- It’s vegan! Seriously guys, just be sure to use a vegan frosting (you could use this one but make sure to make it with vegan butter) and a vegan marshmallow, the one used here is vegan and is awesome in all the levels of awesomeness
- You can make this in the microwave while singing happy songs for the 30 seconds that it takes to “bake”. Or if you are feeling extra fancy you can make it in the oven too. I have tried both ways and each one is awesome in its own way. Keep in mind that your microwave treat may be a little spongy if you over-microwave it, so keep a close eye, microwaves like to be sneaky and spongy things are just plain gross.
So let’s rewind everything again, this is a treat that has cake, marshmallow, more cake, a ton of frosting and huge roasted marshmallow and that is the perfect Netflix and chill type of dessert ever. You can make it vegan and you can make it in the microwave and it’s so awesome that you would not want to eat anything else ever
Now how can you make this creation from the gods (aka the best mug cake ever!) at home
Super easy my friend, super easy
Just mix all your “cake ingredients” in a mug, pour half of the batter on another mug, top with marshmallow, add the raiming of the batter.
Bake or microwave until done (remember keep a close eye if you are microwaving it, seriously)
Top with a huge dollop of chocolate frosting and with a huge marshmallow (that you can either roast with a torch of in your oven)
Eat it all by yourself. Wearing pajamas is almost mandatory.
You can find the basic frosting recipe here: The ultimate vanilla frosting, to make it chocolaty just add 2 tablespoons cacao powder.
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 marshmallow
- Chocolate frosting
- 1 Roasted Marshmallow
- In a mug mix the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add the water and oil and mix until everything is well incorporated
- Pour half of the batter in another mug, top with the marshmallow and pour the remaining of the batter.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds or in the oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until done
- Take out from the microwave or oven and top with chocolate frosting + the roasted marshmallow
If you are looking for more microwavable (vegan!) treats check
Single Serving Peanut Butter Jelly Cupcake
What is your favorite comfort food? Share it in the comments!
Leave a Reply