Hey again! today I’m all over parties, cute diy desserts and extra girly touches of pink, so what better way to get the celebration started than with a #partytalk (yes, I’m a huge party aficionado as you can notice on my Pinterest)? yep you guessed, today is all about the best tips to diy desserts to serve at your party
and when I say party I mean all kinds of parties
weddings, anniversaries, a gathering at home or just every other kind of celebration that you can think of
No, yo don’t have to be crazy to attempt it
No, it doesn’t have to take a crazy amount of time
No, you don’t need to be a certified baker with 70+ years of experience (heck you don’t even need to have baked a cake before, like in your entire life)
No, you are not going to be attending your own celebration covered in flour and with your hair undone
unless that’s your thing in which case you go girl!!
Creating cute diy desserts is the best thing ever because:
- It’s cheap, yes this had to be the number one, creating your own sweet treats for your party is WAY more cheap than buying them. Can I put that Way more even bigger? Think 1/5 of the price, maybe more if you live in an expensive area. It’s a huge saving of money that you can either keep or you know just expend or something else like I don’t know, an Inflatable Unicorn maybe?
- They make your celebration more unique and heartfelt. Think about it what would you prefer? Eating something you made with your own hands, sharing the time with special people to you (aka the best free helpers that you are going to find) or eating some unknown cake?
- Customization people, it all comes down to customization. Want purple frosting and glitter? or maybe you really hate vanilla extract, or want a crazily delicious but very uncommon flavor combination or maybe you want to really make something that aligns with your dietary restrictions, going with the DIY route allows you to create something that you are really proud of
So did I already convince you to diy desserts for your own party and love every second of it?
Have some incredible recipes? Make sure to check how to make your own recipe book
Great, welcome on board, pour yourself some coffee, and enjoy these quick + easy tips to diy desserts for your party that are going to leave everyone asking for seconds (or thirds)
- Create a rough plan of the party: How many guests are you having? How big is going to be your dessert bar? Is it going to be the main focus or the party? This is fundamental to have a estimate of how many cupcakes/cakes/sweet treats you are going to need
- Create a rough plan of the desserts you want to make: Stick with a couple of tried and true (more on that later) recipes, you are not superwoman, don’t try to become her on your big day, like seriously no, you don’t have to create 400+ different and unique recipes, you just need your faves, and that’s it
- Test your recipes BEFORE: Everything that can possibly go wrong, will go wrong if you don’t test the recipe before. I don’t care if you made the recipe when you were like 3 years old, you have to test it now, a couple of weeks before the events so you are completely sure is working with your new mixer/new flour brand/new way of moving your arm
- The freezer is your friend , like your new BFF (best friend freezer) use it liberally: Freeze-everything. like seriously every single thing that you are going to be making should be freezable. it’s the best thing that you can do and your future self is going to love you. Unfrosted baked Cupcakes can be kept perfectly for +6 months, cakes too, unbaked cookies love to mingle at the freezer and when baked held perfectly well for +2 weeks stored in an airtight container. you can start your dessert endeavors like right now, and then just frost everything closer to the party (think asking someone to frost the things the day of the event or the night before)
- Think outside the frosted/baked isle: look I’m a frosting harder so I would love to frost everything and everyone and to serve 3 layer cakes for every moment of my life, but if you have a large number of guests making cupcakes for everyone can be let’s say, not so practical, (or you may not have enough freezer space) so think outside the baked treats and incorporate things such as puffed rice treats, marshmallow pops, candy jars , huge pieces of chocolate you can make everyone like you with chocolates
Some delicious diy desserts that you can make for your party are: Oreo Cupcakes, Lemon Burst Cookies and White Chocolate and Blueberries Cupcakes (oh and btw they get done super fast so you have enough time left for the rest of the planning!)
Have you ever made your diy desserts for a party? or any food at all? Share it in the comments!
(btw I’m on the team of make your own everything for everything)
Leave a Reply