The Iced Toasted Vanilla Starbucks Shaken Espresso is delicious! Here’s the full review + the best copycat recipe to make it at home.
Refresh yourself with the perfect summertime treat – Starbucks’ Iced Toasted Vanilla Oatmilk Shaken Espresso! This indulgent, multi-layered espresso drink is packed with delicious vanilla flavor.
Enjoy a homemade version of this shake in minutes; it’s so easy to whip up your own special blend right at home!
Ready to indulge in something different? This year, a new caffeinated treat has arrived: the Iced Toasted Vanilla Oatmilk Shaken Espresso!
Enjoyed as is or personalized with unique modifications—from adding more vanilla syrup to topping it off with oat milk foam—it’s sure to be your go-to pick me up for summer. So sip away and find your espresso sweet spot today!
- What is a shaken espresso
- Reviewing the Iced Toasted Vanilla Starbucks Espresso
- Recreating the Iced Toasted Vanilla Shaken Espresso at home
- Why you’ll love this recipe
- What ingredients you need to make the Starbucks Iced Toasted Vanilla Shaken Espresso at home
- Making the toasted vanilla syrup at home
- How to make the toasted vanilla shaken espresso
- Customizations and substitutions
- Iced Toasted Vanilla Starbucks Shaken Espresso
- Frequently asked questions about the Iced Toasted Vanilla Shaken Espresso
What is a shaken espresso
Get your caffeine fix with a refreshing shake! Refresh yourself by trying out our signature espresso that’s been vigorously shaken and frothed up, just as sweetened to perfection with flavor syrups and the dairy of your choice.
Reviewing the Iced Toasted Vanilla Starbucks Espresso
This intriguing drink will tantalize your taste buds with a unique combination of toasted vanilla up front, followed by the creamy and slightly nutty oatmilk.
Even though it contains three espresso shots in a grande cup size, you may still struggle to detect its flavor; however be prepared for an effective caffeine kick throughout the day!
With high hopes, I eagerly sipped the toasted vanilla syrup. Initially delighting in its flavor, with each successive gulp an increasingly noticeable burnt undertone emerged – enough that my final rating of this beverage dropped from a promising 8 down to 7!
Though it had fallen short of expectations, there was still something enjoyable about it.
If you’re not a fan of the saccharine right off your spoon, this toasted vanilla syrup is for you!
Not only does it provide just enough sweetness without being overwhelming, but mixing it with some caramel could be an incredible way to merge contrasting flavors.
It’s worth giving a try and exploring all kinds of flavor combinations – who knows what heavenly treats await?
I observed the barista as they mixed up my drink, adding in just three shakes. Unfortunately though after a sip it was clear that all of the espresso hadn’t been fully incorporated into its environment – recommending to anyone else in this situation for increased shaking for more even distribution!
Recreating the Iced Toasted Vanilla Shaken Espresso at home
Why you’ll love this recipe
- For those espresso lovers out there, this one’s for you! The shaken espresso is a perfect iced drink: not too sweet, full of rich coffee flavor and totally customizable to your taste. Play around with different sweetness levels and strength – the possibilities are endless!
- Give your coffee an extra kick with a toasted vanilla twist! This unique syrup not only adds delicious flavor, but it’s simple and versatile in recipes too. Experiment for yourself – the possibilities are endless!
- Making your very own coffee drinks – no special skills or fancy equipment required! With this recipe, you can become a Starbucks barista and impress friends with your delicious creations.
What ingredients you need to make the Starbucks Iced Toasted Vanilla Shaken Espresso at home
With minimal ingredients, and just a few steps to make the syrup, this shaken espresso beverage is an accessible way for any coffee lover to create a refreshing treat!
Light roast espresso
It has low acidity, a creamy body, and a slightly sweet aftertaste. The heaviness that is associated with dark roast coffee is absent in the light roast version. This makes it an ideal choice for those who prefer a less intense cup of espresso.
Toasted vanilla syrup
It will give it an extra flavor boost. Those who enjoy a milder taste may opt for adding steamed milk and sweetened whipped cream instead.
To make this shaken espresso you can use any milk. Oat milk it’s a traditional option when buying this at Starbucks but any milk will do. Oat milk is a great alternative for those who are dairy-free, plant-based, or lactose intolerant.
To make your shaken espresso extra cold, you can add ice cubes. Adding some ice will help the espresso to mix better with other ingredients and keep it chilled.
Making the toasted vanilla syrup at home
Start your sweet adventure with homemade vanilla syrup! To create the perfect flavor, toast a bean before turning it into syrup then carefully simmer to infuse its delicious toasted goodness. With this recipe you’ll have an irresistibly tasty treat in no time!
I craft a beautiful vanilla bean masterpiece in preparation for toasting – slicing lengthwise and into small pieces so its precious paste can be revealed.
Toast up your vanilla bean for a delicious treat! Place it in the toaster oven, and stir it occasionally. Keep an eye on that tasty aroma- when you smell the delectable scent of toasted vanilla, your treasured bean is ready for use!
Try out this simple technique today and elevate any recipe with vibrant flavor.
There’s nothing like the delightful aroma of freshly-cooked vanilla beans! Whether you prefer a toaster oven or skillet, both are great options for infusing your ingredients with this delicious flavor.
So take advantage of those two methods and bring out that tempting scent in no time at all!
Heat up a pot of water and sugar, then add in the toasted vanilla bean pieces for an aromatic twist. Simmer over low heat until you get a thick syrup – about 10 minutes will do it! Enjoy your sweet treat with its delicately fragrant flavor.
Transform simple syrup into an irresistibly fragrant elixir by sprinkling in vanilla bean pieces and toasting lightly.
The cooling process will thicken the concoction even more, creating a heavenly topping for your favorite desserts or drinks!
How to make the toasted vanilla shaken espresso
Time to shake things up! Once the luscious, creamy vanilla syrup has been created and cooled, combine it with a shot of espresso in an icy mason jar or cocktail shaker. Shake for about 20 seconds until frothy foam appears – what a transformation!
Finally top off with oat milk beside that heavenly layer of fluffy crema on your delicious drink. Enjoy this indulgent treat as-is…or stir everything together for one perfect sip.
Customizations and substitutions
Crafting the perfect homemade version of your favorite Starbucks beverage doesn’t have to be a daunting task – starting with this basic recipe as your foundation, you can craft it and modify it however suits your tastebuds!
With all the different variations out there, who knows what kind of masterpiece you could create? Start experimenting today.
- Start by selecting your preferred espresso blend. When it comes to creating a custom shaken espresso drink, the type of espresso you choose is essential as it will determine much of the flavor and texture of your finished drink. Some popular varieties include arabica, robusta or blends containing both coffees.
- Choose a flavored syrup for your shaken espresso. To give your drink a bit of sweetness and pizzazz, consider adding a shot or two of flavored syrup such as caramel, vanilla, hazelnut, amaretto or Irish cream.
- Add some steamed milk to the mix. If you want to make a creamy and frothy shaken espresso, add some steamed milk to the mix. You can use any kind of dairy or non-dairy milk you like – almond, oat, soy, or even coconut
Iced Toasted Vanilla Starbucks Shaken Espresso
- 3/4 Cup light roast espresso
- 1/3 Cup toasted vanilla syrup
- 1 Cup milk
Toasted vanilla syrup
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup water
- Fill a shaker with the ice. Pour the espresso and the toasted vanilla syrup. Shake vigorously.
- Pour in a glass and top with the milk. Serve inmediately.
For the toasted vanilla simple syrup
- Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise. place in a skillet over medium heat and cook until fragrant. Around 3 minutes. Transfer to a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and transfer to a bottle to save.
Frequently asked questions about the Iced Toasted Vanilla Shaken Espresso
Starbucks has created a delectable masterpiece with their Iced Toasted Vanilla Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. This unique blend of Blonde espresso and oat milk, coupled with the divine caramelized vanilla flavor make for an exquisite beverage experience! Get ready to have your taste buds tantalized as you savor this twist on a classic favorite.
Yes! These espresso drinks are like sleeping beauty’s potion—sweet, smooth and heavenly! Crafting the ideal toasted vanilla syrup is a breeze; one taste will transport you right into a dreamland of indulgent delight.
The curious espresso lover may find themselves wondering: what distinguishes a latte from a shaken espresso? To put it simply, a latte is an indulgent milk-based beverage while its more intense cousin the shaken espresso wields that extra shot of caffeine and deeper flavor.
Leave a Reply