Wendy’s has one of the most delicious strawberry lemonades ever!
Summertime is the perfect time to enjoy a refreshing glass of strawberry lemonade. And what could be better than sipping on a copycat Wendy’s drink recipe?
This delicious drink is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the sweet taste of summer!
Want more copycat recipes? Learn how to make McDonald’s hotcakes
What you need to know about Wendy’s Strawberry Lemonade
The fast food restaurant chain is pretty famous for it’s delicious strawberry lemonade.
It’s tart, sour and perfectly sweet. It also has a fun pink color that’s incredibly beautiful.
The strawberry lemonade has 380 calories for a medium drink if you order it at the restaurant.
They are also delivering it which is really cool.
But enough about the one you can get at the fast food chain, let’s talk about how to make this Wendy’s strawberry lemonade recipe at home!
Ingredients to make a Wendy’s Strawberry Lemonade
Craving a delicious and refreshing drink? It’s time to make a pink lemonade! Making it at home is incredibly easy and you only need a handful ingredients.
- Lemon juice: This is obviously the base of the recipe. I love to use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Sugar: Again, a staple with most lemonades.
- Strawberries. Fresh strawberries are the secret to give this lemonade it’s color and delicious taste.
How to make it
Now that you have all the ingredients on hand it’s time to get cooking (or should I say stirring?).
The great thing is that’s an incredibly easy recipe and it only takes a couple of minutes.
Place all the ingredients into the glass of a blender and pulse for around 2 minutes or until the strawberries are combined.
Strain the lemon trough a sieve into a pitcher, that way you’ll get rid of most of the texture.
Want to know something amazing? You can really customize this recipe to fit what you already have on hand or what you like.
Here are a couple of ideas:
- Sub the lemon juice for lime juice. This is a delicious limeade that’s slightly more tart but just as delicious.
- Change the strawberries for raspberries. A raspberry pink lemonade it’s also a delicious drink.
- Instead of using water use sparkling water! You’ll want to only blend the lemon juice, sugar and berries, strain and them mix in the sparkling water. It’s a fizzy drink that’s TO DIE FOR!
- Change the sugar for any sweetener you like: I have tried it with splenda (the cup for cup one) and the end result is just as good and with fewer calories + also sugar free!
How to store
When I say that the Wendy’s Strawberry Lemonade copycat recipe is amazing I really mean it!
I mean you can even make a large batch and refrigerate it. It’s a great make ahead drink for parties, get togethers and BBQs.
It will last refrigerated for up to 3 days. When making it in advance I like to store it in a pitcher that I can close with a lid. That way all the flavors stay fresh.
Wendy’s Strawberry Lemonade
- 1/2 Pound strawberries
- 1 3/4 Cup lemon juice
- 5 Cups water
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- Place all the ingredients into the glass of a blender. Pulse for a couple of minutes until everything is well combined.
- Strain trough a fine mesh sieve into a large pitcher.
- Serve over ice.